Ricoh Ricoh GXR A12 (50mm equiv) f/2.5 Macro Image Thread

GXR A12 50mm

It's been raining ever since I got this! Focus is abysmal without the firmware update (I need to find someone to do it for me :( but here are a couple that came out okay!

R0010045.jpg

R0010118.jpg

F stop is 2.5 but the macro focus is terrible at the moment. The software update requires me to copy it onto an SD card to the root file :( This is the bit I can't do and even though a few people have tried to explain, it's beyond me. I'll just have to wait for my daughter's boyfriend to do it for me I think. Anyway, in good light the focus speeds up considerably so it's just a bit hit and miss for now. That aside, I really like this camera. It feels very solid, the lens is small and dainty and there are lots of access buttons seemingly in all the right places. It feels good in my hand. In comparison, the X1 feels like a piece of soap, just waiting for me to drop it!!! I like the colours too, my daughter's very fair (redhead) skin comes out right and not pink and ruddy, even her hair colour is coming out true so not a lot to complain about so far :)

Thanks, Christina. I would need help to with anything like that - "SD card to the root file"?:eek: I am glad you like the camera and can't wait to see more from you. There's nothing like having great, realistic color!

Jeremy, welcome to Serious Compacts and thanks so much for jumping right in with your photographs! These look very good, I'd love to be able to see them in their fully glory, however.

Next time, it would be great if you would either post a larger attachment, try out our Gallery or, if you've got a Flickr or other web hosting site, use the embedding method. Your black and white one needs to be seen larger - I can imagine the impact of that looming building but want to feel it - and seeing it in a good size will allow its pull, I know.:2thumbs: The color image is another good one - love the pigeons...who seem more like statues...with the skyscrapers rising to the heavens. Great shot!

Next time you're here, please stop by our Welcomes and Introductions forum to give us an "official" unofficial hello and tell us a little about yourself. Glad to have you here and hope to see more of you around the halls.:D

I've only had my 50mm since Friday, but I am already very impressed.

This is actually the second shot I took with it.

1181d1302495270-ricoh-gxr-a12-50mm-equiv-f-2-5-macro-image-thread-chips-jpg

1180d1302495257-ricoh-gxr-a12-50mm-equiv-f-2-5-macro-image-thread-lizzy-jpg

Both shots are straight from the camera. Only PP was to downsize them so I could attach them to this message.

Attachments

• Lizzy.jpg
    Lizzy.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 1,431
  • Chips.jpg
    Chips.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 1,096
Great shots everyone. My otherhalf just got hers and I'm very jealous. Colours from camera seem perfect, imo, without tweaking. Due to finances it seems I'll have to wait a little longer for mine :(

It's been raining ever since I got this! Focus is abysmal without the firmware update (I need to find someone to do it for me :( but here are a couple that came out okay!

R0010045.jpg

R0010118.jpg

Christilou, why do I not see any pictures? By the way don't worry about that root file thing. You can just copy it to the SD card and that is probably where it will go automatically.

Edit: Now I see them. Very nice.

GXR close-ups in the field

Field close-ups hand-held in the field can be difficult, especially of moving things. I have done a lot of this sort of photography with Nikon DSLRs. The GXR does not focus well on moving subjects, so breezes and moving insects can make it difficult. On the other hand the live view screen makes it possible to move the camera closer to skittish insects without moving one's whole body and head. I have found that helps sometimes.

GXR0196r.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

ISO200, f8, 1/90

GXR0128.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

ISO200, f5.6, 1/50

Back