Sony The NEX Image thread

Ray, the screen in B&W also saves power. It's great to see the image that way.
Youse are all right about BB & the 16. She comes alive with the Nex. Did I say that.....?

Ray, you've got a great handle on SEP2. I'm still fighting...
Don

Thank you, Don. Your first makes me smile - wonderful shadows from that threesome (baclava cape lady leading the way) and the slightly ominous shadow coming in on the left...the spacing..the benches... Being there, I saw you make that one. Too bad it was so darn cold!

Love the way you were able to see into the car and still capture all the reflections in that second one. Beautiful black and white!!

5511582649_5e7b5f8736_z.jpg

Getting up close NEX5 Kit lens in macro mode ISO 200 f7.1 1/320
I would have prefered a wider aperture but it seems that in macro mode the camera does its own thing! as with the ISO which at present I have set on 400 in AV.

I do like the B&W photos shown above, I have never used B&W on this camera; possibly because whatever I've been taking has never suited it.
Another time perhaps.
ps 55mm was the lens length used for above.

Lovely shot, Penny - so full of sunshine, spring and hope! I am sitting inside with my down jackets still on here.:eek:

Ray, I think that color one of the hippie chicks shop is great! Are you sure you didn't step into the Way Back Machine for this one - and that next one, too?:D That color one really does exude the hallucinogenic days of yore.

Sorry Don have just caught up with this thread again; I honestly don't know the answer to whether macro can be used in RAW mine was set to jepeg fine because I had such a disaster with RAW I got the colours totally wrong in development that I haven't tried it again.
It does seem that when using scene mode there are restrictions such as ISO and strangely the aperture? which would would not stay open wide enough for my liking.

Further on..to above have taken a macro pic in RAW no problems with that! it still chooses the aperture and speed and ISO which I think must part of the auto scene choice or not as the case maybe.
cheers penny.

Streetshooter, interesting shot of Charles. The line of pipe running down the building lines up perfectly with his collar, giving the impression of a leash or tether.

Streetshooter, interesting shot of Charles. The line of pipe running down the building lines up perfectly with his collar, giving the impression of a leash or tether.

Or more ominously, as I noted on another forum, a noose. His calm and apparently still demeanor strikes me as a condemned man alone with his last thoughts. But regardless, as strong as the rest of the composition is, that line running into his collar is the focal point for me every time I glance at this photograph.

-Ray

On a Lighter Note :)

NEX 5 with the SLR Magic 1.7 (I think) "fun" lens. I bought this several months ago but haven't found much to use it for really. I saw the sun on these daffs and used the NEX and 18-55 kit lens at first but then thought I'd bung this one on and see what happened. To be honest I didn't take much time to focus the lens properly as I'm getting a bit sloppy about it today, just wanted to get the shots and be done! I've used the Lightroom free settings that Ghosthunter told us about. Both wide open.

DSC03004.jpg

DSC03009.jpg

Back