Sony The NEX Image thread

Scotland, and the rest of the UK, is enjoying a little heat wave this week. Last night I drove to Cramond Village (on the River Forth) with my husband to catch some pictures of folk enjoying the last rays of the evening sun around the village and on the causeway. These are some of the pictures:

5639578567_7f4038ab52_b.jpg

5639580065_d6a574c037_b.jpg

5640154746_e21c9ae799_b.jpg

5639582663_d4f2ee0a68_b.jpg

All captured with the sony nex 5 and the 18-55 kit lens. The 16 tucked away in my bag.

I know, where is the sun, where are the people? A cold and icy haar had come in over the Forth and chased all the people away.

Fantastic shots Briar. Love number 3. This reminds me of Ballyhalbert, a little fishing village in Co. Down where my grandfather lived.

olli, the backdrop for your bicyclist is reverberating - what wonderful colors! I've never seen a building like that before - that strip of green grass with a shaft of sunlight bathing it anchors things beautifully. The multi color covering on the outside of that buidling...is pretty cool. It looks as though they've dressed up an international style edifice with something bright for spring.

Briar - my favorite is your last. I can imagine this as a still, from a movie... For me, palpable loneliness or sadness...the world being in a state of oblivion.

Thanks BB. That's the Brandhorst Museum in Munich. It's a museum of contemporary art built to house part of the huge private collection of Udo Brandhorst.

The Museum facade is made up of thousands of differently coloured ceramic columns. It was quite controversial at the time it was under construction since a lot of people thought it was out of keeping with the architecture of the museum district. I think it's an interesting building rather than a beautiful one, though the interior spaces are superb. It's also controversial because the collection came with huge endowment which means it has more to spend than any of the other museums in the city, including the nearby Pinakothek Der Moderne.

Briar - WONDERFUL set. The last shot, of the fellow walking down the narrow causeway into the fog, is just incredible. One of my favorite recent images of any sort. Really brilliant.

-Ray

Oh, Simon - I must ask you what post processing modus operandi you are using. You're surely showing the versatility of this camera - and thanks for the lens notations, too! That close up shot "Ford" is a jewel!

BB,

Thanks for the kind words! I'm pleased you like my images.

WRT processing, rather than reinvent the wheel, so to speak, I'll refer you to my site, specifically the FAQ section where I discuss my PP routine in some detail (among other issues). Please have a look there, but if you have other questions, please feel free to ask (either here, or by posting a question at the bottom of the FAQ page).

Ciao,

Thank you, Simon - looks as though the short answer is ACR.

Wonderful website by the way - please consider adding it to our Links section (see the tab up at the top of the forum).:th_salute:

Thank you, Simon - looks as though the short answer is ACR.

Wonderful website by the way - please consider adding it to our Links section (see the tab up at the top of the forum).:th_salute:

Actually, although ACR is used consistently, I almost always do more subsequent PP on images (as discussed in the FAQ).

I have added my site to the Links.

Cheers,

Thanks BBW. They're called pansies? :D Funny names. I think I should start learning the names of these flowers/plants I take photos of.

Back