Samsung No love for the NX10 / NX100?

I tried the NX10 but found the sensor to be low performing. The ergonomics were nice though. If they can improve on the sensor then it could be a winner. But, no, you don't hear much about these cameras.

I've been considering the NX100, just because its mirrorless and dead cheap. DWI (Hong Kong with Aus distributor) are selling it with the 20-50mm + 20mm, and the flash unit for $AU429. I rather like the idea of having an APS-C sensor in a compact (although I understand the body is a bit bigger than both the GF and E-PL cameras). At the price though, probably worth buying just to play with.

However.... now that the NX11 has been released, one can't help wondering if theres an NX100 update lurking, waiting for release as soon as one pulls the trigger.

I owned an NX10 for 8 months. I loved it. Handling and focusing were very good and although noise was more prevalent than it should be on 1.5 cropped sensor it cleaned better at iso 3200 than my 4/3rds camera using Photoshop. A lovely camera that I can thoroughly recommend. Don't be talked into the cheaper NX5 (jessops own cut down version) as there loads of things missing.

BTW, the video is one of the weaker points but Samsung have just released a patch to improve that.

now that the NX11 has been released, one can't help wondering if theres an NX100 update lurking, waiting for release as soon as one pulls the trigger.

Nx20 summer release. !6 mp, 7 frames per second! Source........Samsung working on NX20 and NX200 mirrorless cameras | Photo Rumors

Thanks for the replies folks!
I've most recently had a Pentax K20D which I've just sold for two reasons, 1. I was finding the kit too large to take with me all the time and 2. It was an expensive kit to have at home!

Ideally I'm looking to get something compact with good IQ but without spending a fortune which is why I've been looking at the Compact Systems.

I'd initially looked at the NEX but while I do think its a nice camera with good specs the lack of lenses it a bit off putting.

I've looked into Micro 4/3 and have noticed the Olympus EP1 very cheap brand new now and obviously with M4/3 there is a good range of existing lenses.

I played with an NX10 in Jessops and was quite impressed although I did wonder if it was a little larger than I'd have preferred, that said it had the 18-55 on it and I'd be looking to use mainly the 30mm pancake which I've seen on comparison pics here isn't going to result in a body+lens size much bigger than a Sony NEX 5 with the 16mm pancake.

I believe the sensor in the NX10/100 is the same 14.6mp one that was in the K20 that I had and also the Pentax K7 so its a very good sensor so I am quite attracted to that especially at the current price for an NX10 kit with the 18-55 and 30mm lens.

Video I'm not that bothered about, might be something I play with but I've never really been a bit video fan to be honest.

I used an NX10 and liked it. Build felt a little cheap to me, and the 18-55mm lens was a bit large, but the 30mm lens was terrific and overall I came away with a positive impression.

I used an NX10 and liked it. Build felt a little cheap to me, and the 18-55mm lens was a bit large, but the 30mm lens was terrific and overall I came away with a positive impression.

I do agree the NX10 build feels a little cheap but for the price I think its good value, although I have read some stories about poor QC on the lenses but I guess if buying new I could return dodgy lenses, I'm quite tempted by an NX10 for the price it looks like I'd be paying less than I would for any of the other option's I've looked at and the 18-55 & 30mm NX10 kit would do me fine for now.

My only concern could be that only Samsung support the mount, Sigma & Tamron have already announced plans to support the Micro 4/3 and Sony E Mount, would be nice to see the same for the NX mount.

Thanks again for the input everyone, still not really decided but I've seen some excellent reviews and some cracking images taken with the NX10 so will likely have another play with it in Jessops on Monday and decide what to do, its this or an Olympus Pen I think!

I think my only real concern about the NX system is long term support,

I really enjoyed the NX100, made me take Samsung seriously and I sold my Sony SLR system to buy an NX200.
Didn't like the NX200 (no add on viewfinder option) so I now have NX10 and NX20 - neither of them quite as "lovable" as the NX100 though.....

Back