Sony Sony NEX 16mm f/2.8 Image Thread

Yeah, I like the way these worked out, as well, Ray. I don't think you'd have wanted to be much closer to that lady with the paper towels.

I really like your color barbershop photograph - that looks like a classic shop and one that will be worth revisiting. The red white and blue colors, the reflections - the older man getting his hair cut... It's all great!

Yeah, I like the way these worked out, as well, Ray. I don't think you'd have wanted to be much closer to that lady with the paper towels.

I really like your color barbershop photograph - that looks like a classic shop and one that will be worth revisiting. The red white and blue colors, the reflections - the older man getting his hair cut... It's all great!

Thanks. But she was cropped! She actually had lots of headroom and there was a lot of extraneous dead space to the sides as well...

I like the lens and the type of composition it encourages - I shoot with that angle a lot with the LX5, but most of my people shots seem to work better with something in the mid 30s rather than the low/mid 20s (in full frame terms of course). But I've seen a few folks who shoot brilliant street shots this wide and wider so maybe I'll grow into it...

-Ray

Right, I understand. I think with any new view one has to get comfortable and ideally crop visually. It takes time I am sure! Also, remember this is me...the person who loved the 9-18mm, tends to shoot with my LX5 at its widest, and was very happy with my fixed lens X1....and hoping to be even happier with my Mt. Fuji.;)

Some from Marbella, Spain

Hi All

A few from my NEX-5 & 16mm:

banus-sunset-le2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

banus-pier-night.jpg

bike-petals-sc.jpg

The first two were also my first attempts at trying the Hoya ND400 with the NEX.

James

What an entrance, Jimmy! Welcome and thanks for all three. Wherever you took those first two pictures is beautiful! I also really like the way you kept the flower petals in color in your third. Very nicely done!

If you've got the time, please stop into the Welcomes and Introductions forum for a quick hello, and I'll be looking forward to seeing more of your photographs in the future.

Thanks

@ BBW - Thanks for the kind welcome. I'll head over to the Welcome forum and say Hi. :)

@ Country Parson - Thank you. I often go and sit there myself. The Mountain is called 'La Concha' or 'The Shell'. It is amazing to look at, as it seems to change all the time depending on the light and weather.

Thank you both again,

James

Jimmy, these are wonderful photos. I have been on the fence with the idea of selling the 16mm. Even though I've decided to keep the lens now, I've not entirely convinced with my decision (mainly b/c I have the 18-55 and think that is a very good lens). But looking at your photos, I think I need to work on my skills instead of worry about the lens.

Back