Camera for vacation

I agree with the other Andrew;) and will add that your children are darling! A good time was very clearly had by all!

You have some classic vacation pictures that will be worth millions in memories, Andrew. The water wings shot really gets to me - and pulls me in right through the heart strings!

Thanks Andrew, Lili and BB! It is indeed nice to travel light (yet still get good captures)! My plan is to create a photobook to share them with the family we visited. My mom complains about not having prints anymore.

It was a classic summer vacation, the kind that as a kid I remember having nothing but fun.

But, now back to the grindstone.

Ah, I find rather the opposite, while the jpeg Straight OOC are the best I have ever seen from my E-PL1 there are issues. Mottling in shadows, etc which vex me.
I have not yet tried RAW in m4/3 perhaps I should.
I do find the RAW files from my XZ-1 to be superlative.
I also suspect the lens on the XZ to be superior to any one those I have for my m4/3.

I just noticed this. Check to see if the "Gradation" option in the E-PL1 menu has been turned on. It was set to on by default on my E-P1 and I hated it. Essentially the feature is there to bring out detail in shadow areas in jpegs. I personally think that Olympus should name it not "Gradation", but "Add shadow noise" instead.

Back