Birds Show Birds

oops.
Thanks Barrie, I should have checked my van Duivendijk.
I was relying on overall size, and the sharpness and deeper colour of the brown cap rather than looking properly. The gape is obvious and I should have noticed!

I love these little guys: known as Noisy Miners or Mynah's depending on your preference for spelling, they are native to Australia. They also terrorise my cats :) And I took it with my K200 which is/was marginally more compact than my K-5 is :)

nativemynahsmall1.jpg

kyteflyer, I love your Noisy Miner - beautiful color and use of depth of field. If and when I move to a more rural area, I can see that I will want a telephoto lens...and a camera to put it on. Of course I have no idea where exactly you live...I'm just thinking in a rather self-involved way. This is a really well done photograph.

Christian, is this some kind of stork, or is it a heron? He (or she) is strikingly handsome!

kyteflyer, I love your Noisy Miner - beautiful color and use of depth of field. If and when I move to a more rural area, I can see that I will want a telephoto lens...

Thanks, BBW :) I must confess... the lens I used I no longer have, it went when the camera did, but it was not an expensive one, just a Tamron 70-300mm zoom, cheap as chips and grossly underrated, or else I had a particularly good copy.

Hummingbird.

Friends gave us a hummingbird feeder last fall, we haven't had one for some time. It's become a popular hangout for quite a few hummers.

This is a Juvenile male Ruby Throated HB.

Panasonic G1 / Lumix 45-200mm @ 200mm / Aperture 3 / NIK Define

HB_Still_Portrait.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hb_Wings_Move.jpg

HB_Motion_Wings.jpg

Hb_Eating.jpg

Love the motion blur on the hummingbird's flapping wings. So busy. We have some near our house and I can often hear them, but I rarely see them. I'm planning on installing some bird feeders to attract the local residents.

Wowzer - that is quite the action shot, John!!

Lili, your efforts are not "poor" - that close up of what I am thinking might be an Indigo Bunting is great!

And who wouldn't fall for that little sweetheart of yours, Paul?

Back