Hello from a Scot in Germany

BigTam

Regular
Name
Ron
Greetings from Dortmund, home of the German Bundesliga champions! I'm a retired IT exec who takes photos of family, social events and travel - typical amateur snapshot level.

I hate badly exposed, badly framed or badly focussed photos, though, so I use a D7000 and just recently added an X100. Haven't really had a chance to use it yet, since I landed in hospital just after buying it :) - nothing serious ...

Very informative forum here, thanks to all for helping my decision

BigTam, I had a feeling you were a Scotsman.;) Thanks so much for taking up my invitation to introduce yourself and please get well soon - we're very glad to have you here!:flowers_2:

Austria, here we come (me and my X100!)

Thanks for the good wishes! I should be out by Tuesday, then practice a little. Then it' off to Carinthia (Kärnten) at the end of July. Hope to bring back some good photos!

Tam, welcome....
Armando is on to something....
Make pics of the nurses... I will review them along with my assistant Armando to make sure these here fine people can see them safely...

Nurses?

You can take photos of the hospital! Or nurses!

Do you like photos of women with no make-up in baggy, unflattering dark-blue scrubs with rubber clogs? Just asking :)

Besides, I didn't have my X100 with me. At the moment, I'm still trying to find the best reason to convince my wife that it was a bargain ....

BTW, out of hospital now, everything OK.

Do you like photos of women with no make-up in baggy, unflattering dark-blue scrubs with rubber clogs? Just asking :)

Besides, I didn't have my X100 with me. At the moment, I'm still trying to find the best reason to convince my wife that it was a bargain ....

BTW, out of hospital now, everything OK.

Welcome. Tell your wife the alternative to the X100 would be a M8 with Summicron 28mm with no af, movie, panorama or different film modes. And she will consider you a smart shopper::D

Back