Sony The NEX Image thread

Here's one from yesterday at Crescent Beach, BC. A very long consist with multi engine groups. This is taken with the NEX 5 and 18-55mm kit lens.

_DSC1429.jpg

Cheers,

I've been using my brand new NEX 3 for just one week, spent mostly in the English 'peak district', an area of stunning landscape, grim villages, smiling tough people, brass bands and healthy looking cattle........

DSC000351.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The NEX is interesting to use,..the flip out screen useful as you can see. All pix put through the Sony 'PMB' prog which refuses to sharpen at the moment....... Another;

DSC000501.jpg

DSC000491.jpg

DSC000691.jpg

Love your description, Bugleone! That mother duck looks as though she's been through some rough times, but still standing strong over her sweethearts. Great lighting for your bull in his pasture. Beautiful views of the landscape and grazing sheep... I think things are looking quite good! I think I'm relieved you didn't post any of the "grim villages".;) Are they really that grim?

BBW,...thank you for looking at my snaps! Yes, the towns and villages can be a bit dour,.......like most of England, the peak district is really several 'landscapes' laid around eachother. Although things look very rural at first glance the valleys are narrow and the gushing waters were the source of industry,..mainly mining, cotton milling and factories. The stone houses are often crammed into the valley sides. The people are 'salt of the earth' types so each little town has several mill races, several inns and taverns, several churches (of different 'flavours'), several cricket teams, several choirs and at least two brass bands, often of world class musicality! Here is a shot from the village of New Mills (new as in 1350) where the gorge became so dangerous and poisonous that it became a no go area until 1970,...now being cleaned and restored for public recreation, but it's a massive job!

DSC000741.jpg

If anyone can do it these wonderful people can as they are very enduring and resourceful.......

DSC000811-1.jpg

Thank you again, Bugleone. I'm getting a clearer picture of the area now. That's good news about the cleanup, even though it's a huge undertaking - they're doing it!

I keep thinking of one of our states here - West Virginia...parts of it are full of coal mines...mountain tops have been removed...while other areas, thankfully, remain pristine. They mountain people are very tough and many are extremely good hearted. It's not the same as what you've been describing, nevertheless that's what comes to my mind.

Found another shot that's worth fixing up and posting. I took this one with the panorama mode of the NEX. Took 2 tries to get what I want. Not sure if anyone has the same problem. My problem with the mode is that it seems to cut off too early sometimes.

5856617689_a1c0a66143_b.jpg

The Gower Peninsula

I shot this two weeks ago using my Sony Nex-5 with 18-55mm kit lens. (From a Piper Cherokee during a trial flight) :D
DSC00572-1.jpg

Thanks for your lovely comments BBW. Unfortunately I can't fly....it was a big birthday treat for my better half and I went along to take the piccies. Trouble is, I want tpo do it all again. :)
Lee

Another from the Gower Peninsula.
This is Worms Head. (Apparently, Dylan Thomas spent a night on here writing poetry. It takes all sorts. )
Lee

DSC00549.jpg

Back