Share your favourite Photographic related movie

Grant

Veteran
Last night I watched Funny Face a great movie where photography featured prominently. There were a number of delightfully photo related scenes in it. There was the time when Fred Astaire showed up in a book store with three Rolleiflexs hanging around his neck and light meter sticking out of his pocket. All I could think of times haven changed as there are still gadget horses with us today. At another point, Audrey Hepburn, as a fashion*model,*says to Fred Astaire, playing the part of a fashion photographer,*"Trees are beautiful. Why don't you photograph trees?" Astaire responds, "I do what I do for a living. It has to do with supply and demand. You'd be amazed how small the demand is*for pictures of trees." The scary part is it is still true even today.

After the movie I got thinking of all the other photographic related movies I have seen and which ones really have an impact on me, Here are a few that I can remember :

Amelie
Blow Up
Born into Brothels
City of God
The Eyes of Laura Mars
Fur: An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus
Manufactured Landscapes
Memento
One Hour Photo
Pecker
Rear Window
Salvador
Spiderman
The Year of Living Dangerously

While Born into Brothels, City of God have to rank up there with some of the best of the best I think Blow Up had the most lasting effect me because it taught me to question what I see.

Has anyone else have a favorite photographic movie or is it just me?

Grant - great list! There are several on there that I have not yet seen - including Born into Brothels which is on my Netflix hit list. Now I feel I need to have a retrospective film festival.

I love Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire - two with such style. Of course Rear Window is both an excellent Hitchcock and the camera does put in a good appearance. I've never really thought about movies in quite this way, but you can be sure I will from here on out.:th_salute:

Nice list, Grant. My wife and I saw "Amelie" in the theater, and recently on DVD; great feel-good film.

Photography plays a role, but not as prominently as above:

"Apocalypse Now": with Dennis Hopper as the lunatic (only way to stay alive) photojournalist shooting cameras with no film.
"Three Days of the Condor": with Faye Dunaway as the art photographer, caught innocently in the middle of a vicious CIA intrigue gone bad.

Back