Straps Soft straps!

Done deal :) These are SO comfortable, wish I had known about them years ago!

donedeal.jpg

Glad you're enjoying them.....feel so great on don't they? I see you got the adjustable ones....I've found these very handy for on-the-fly adjustments.

I've cycled through OEM straps, neoprenes, etc., and I can certainly say these are worth every penny! Please compare their price with a leather Gordy wrist strap (of half the length) or the like....Also they are not just cloth but have very well crafted leather bits where it matters most. Also I have found just as comfortable worn as a wrist strap...so two for the price of one.

Honestly, I don't easily fall for things...especially when lots of money's involved. But at about 5% of the cost of the X100 I think it's a rational, and not exorbitant investment. Anyway, now the money is spent and I don't revisit the cost, or miss the money gone.....but now just enjoy the comfort and utility....

Sorry I can't really help you with a US purchase, but I (and I believe Sue) got the A&A adjustable version from a superb retailer here in Australia known as Mainline Photographic. I know they still have some black and reds in stock, but not sure what shipping to the US would be. For anyone in, or close to Australia, I cannot recommend these guy's highly enough.....they also stock the match technical (e.g., "Bug") soft releasss which are another welcome addition :blush:

If my math is correct, 900mm = 35 inches and change. Not long enough for me. They do look nice, though.

I've been digging my optec sling strap.

Not sure whether these are the dimensions of the 103N adjustable as that sounds a little short to me (and more likely to be the non-adjustable 102 model). All I know is that fully out the strap comes well to my waist...which certainly don't sound like 900mm to me. OK I aint tall but I'm not miniature either - standing at about 5'10".

Wait up found some dimensions from PopFlash (good luck finding a khaki as attached....oh how I tried):
L14.5"~42.5" x W0.78" x T0.07" / 0.06lbs

Artisan & Artist straps. Here in the states they are $40.
I was almost on the brink of pulling the trigger for one from there until I noticed they have changed the design of the red ones, and made all the trim red as well, instead of black. I decided that my X100 and Pentax deserved the ones I found to be snazzier, and decided to pay the premium for a local source, which I was anticipating would probably have the older stock. And they did :)

In the meantime I have found that the old Olympus neoprene case (designed for..IIRC... the SP590uz bridge camera) was able to have the Olympus branding removed easily, and its now an unbranded generic case which wraps around my X100 very nicely.

Back