Black and white, or monochrome photos of people

Andy, beautifully done - wonderful light on your uncle and in his eyes... The women in the background offer a strong background indicating the hubbub...and yet we have that still moment of a father's reflection that you captured so perfectly. I'm sure your cousin would love to have a print - to have and to hold.

Thanks BB. I'm going to get some prints done at work of the wedding and send them to my Aunt & Uncle plus a set for the bride and groom. I hope they like the shots!

The woman 2nd in from the left with glasses on is my mum! :D

Portrait of my friend's baby daughter:

5849730339_23f2c41b69_b.jpg

This is an image i took at my cousins wedding. This is her Father (My Uncle) who was looking at his daughter signing the register. You can almost feel what he is thinking and his tear filled eyes say it all. It was a good day!

5844160823_9cfc868405_b.jpg

Deep in thought. by andywest1, on Flickr

Andy

I really enjoy photographs like this one. Well done. Great eye, great timing and great craft. Love the light. Has the bride seen this?

A couple of black and white shots of a model called Lucy with my Olympus E-P1.

View attachment 38248
Lucy 08 by peterb666, on Flickr

View attachment 38249
Lucy 11 by peterb666, on Flickr

I got some lovely feedback on flickr for this photo...

Vedo con molto piacere questo ottimo B&W ottimamente realizzato con una interessante scala tonale inserito in questa bella galleria di immagini eccezionalmente curata.
Congratulazioni per questa magnifica ripresa fotografica..

A mature, female, Italian friend translated it for me and then made the comment "Every Italian would love that photo".

Visit my flickr site for more colour photos.

Peter, I can see these on one of her albums - well, maybe CDs? That second one has a 1960s feel to it.

Alex, I like your self-portrait very much. They're quite difficult to do, I think - I like your framing with the patterns, too. Perhaps you'll add it to Bill's Photo ID thread?:)

Peter, I can see these on one of her albums - well, maybe CDs? That second one has a 1960s feel to it.

Thanks BB

It appears that Jo, my shooting partner and I have scored the CD cover shot for when it comes.

The second one was deliberately done with an early 60s feel to it so I guess I succeeded on that front. Of the set from the E-P1, this is Penny's favourite.

5957449979_2d017f511b_b.jpg

Taken with the Fuji X100 up in Sherman, Connecticut...a little less than an hour north of where we live, but a very different world. This is a photograph of a very good pal of both mine and my husband's. It's "all her fault" that I met my husband, actually.

Her expression shows that it's her "fault". Lovely portrait!

Back