10-24 UWA - any idea of rough timeframe???

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Ray Sachs, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Near Philadephila
    I was wondering if anyone knows anything about when Fuji is likely to deliver the 10-24 UWA??? This is the one other lens I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get for the XE1 and I'm hoping it's not more than another couple of months off. The promise of this lens is one of the key things that's kept me with a hand in the Fuji system, but it's been on the road map since the X-system was launched early last year and it's in Fuji's promotional material already, so I'm hoping it's getting close...

Thanks for any info...

-Ray

• Like Like x 1
  2. Armanius

Armanius FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Muttley
    And hope it's not too honking big!

I could use this lens for the Euro trip. After spending way too much time in Flickr looking at Trevi Fountain photos, I think I may need at least 16-18mm (EFL) to get the whole fountain, if I'm standing right up against the rail. Best photo I've seen so far was at 15mm.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OdzBodkinz

OdzBodkinz FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 17, 2013
    You need the 14mm 2.8, Armanius.

4. jloden

jloden FujiXspot Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    December release this year for the 10-24mm and January 2014 for the 56mm f/1.2 is the last set of dates I've heard on the rumor mill.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Armanius

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Muttley
    Hope it's not a big ol' honking lens. I tried a Zeiss 12 and that thing blocks the XP1's OVF big time especially with the huge hood on.

6. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    Since the 12mm cannot be used with the OVF, the size is not all that relevant. The same applies to the UWA zoom between 10 and 17.99 mm.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Near Philadephila
    Thanks Jay - it'd be nice if it happens this year. The size of this one isn't too critical. Even the 14 is both too wide and too big to work well with the OVF - I wouldn't even think about the OVF for this lens. The very limited number off lenses the OVF really works optimally with is why I sold the X-Pro and picke up a second hand XE1...

-Ray

8. jloden

Mar 9, 2013
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Agreed, I'm really hoping it makes it this year.

I bought the 12mm used for a decent price to tide me over and will resell once the 10-24 is available. A system just seems to be missing something without UWA for me. Even if I don't use it the most they're some of my favorite images :thumbup:

9. flash

flash FujiXspot Regular

Mar 15, 2013
    If the photo in the official Fuji catalogue is any indication it should be a eeasonable size. A tiny bit bigger than the kit zoom on the XE1. Mind you the 56mm in the same brochure is a 1.4 not a 1.2.

Gordon

• Like Like x 1
  10. Armanius

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Muttley
    My concerns about size is not for the OVF (I don't own a XP1). I just don't like big ol' lenses (and cameras). Otherwise, I'd be shooting a Nikon D4.

11. jloden

Mar 9, 2013
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Yeah, I think it's a little bigger than the original mockup was, but still appears to be a very reasonable size in comparison to the other Fuji lenses. Especially when you add in the stabilization.