G1 deal at Park Cameras in UK

soundimageplus

Top Veteran
Screen shot 2010-07-14 at 11.57.34.png

If you are interested in a G1/14-45mm kit and don't mind a blue one, Park Cameras in the UK are offering it at £289.99 (with cashback) £339.99 (before cashback) at this link.
http://www.parkcameras.com/10169/Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-G1-Blue---14-45mm-f3-5-5-6-OIS-Kit.html

Cashback deal ends 18th. July though.

I could not resist! although this camera will be given to my daughter to take to art college in September, I will have a few weeks to use it and compare to my NX10. After a couple of days my impressions are:- Gi has better EVF, I can manually focus with this but not the NX10. In practical outdoor situations both rear screens are much the same, but the articulation of the G1 is very handy. I find the handling/menu etc more intuitive on the NX10 ( I seemed to keep pressing buttons by mistake on the G1), also the build/feel seems more solid on the NX10. As far as image quality goes, using only the kit lenses I think the NX10 resolves slightly more detail and has slightly less noise, but it under exposes a bit so its effective ISO is not as high. I think both cameras a great but feel happy that I originally chose the NX10, but I don't rule out buying a G series at some time!

Back