Fuji Aussie Review of Fuji X100

I'd consider it a fly in the ointment. Not a reason not to buy the ointment, but the fly should be removed at the earliest convenience!

-Ray

Fully agree. Actually the only 2 real annoyances are the unnecessary iso setting/change complications and the mf. The latter I use for zf only, wherefore I can live with it and the former should be addressable in a FW update. So no reasons not to buy one;)

Margaret Brown review shows the Fuji X100 to be a Leica X1 killer just look at the side by comparison.
What is interesting having seen the camera in the flesh and talked to the user any negative comments by people on this forum re the X100 fade to insignificance :D(y)
This camera is a gem having forked out $900 just for a lens recently should I add the X100 to my collection :rolleyes:

What is interesting having seen the camera in the flesh and talked to the user any negative comments by people on this forum re the X100 fade to insignificance :D(y)
As one responsible for one particularly strong line of negative commentary, I wanna reiterate that my overall impression is VERY positive. Almost all of the little problems that have been reported are insignificant to me (and I've been lucky enough to get what seems to be a good copy without any of the larger problems that plagued some of this early run). And one problem that really bugs me and Fuji SHOULD be able to fix pretty easily since it seems to be a common complaint. But I'm not sending it BACK! Its an awesome little camera and will probably be my constant companion for a while before it settles into its rightful place in my 'arsenal' and I find its most appropriate uses.

-Ray

Back