2/3 inch x-mount camera? - X20 with interchangeable lenses?

Discussion in 'Fuji X Series News and Rumors' started by speedandstyle, Apr 22, 2013.

1. speedandstyle

speedandstyle FujiXspot Regular

Fuji Rumors posted a new rumor that there will be a new X-mount body with a 2/3 inch sensor.

Tiny 2/3 inch sensor for the large X-mount. A waste of space? | Fuji Rumors

I find this really odd and bet there is an error in the translation from the original German post or that they got it wrong somehow. Either there is a new X body coming out but with a sensor larger than 2/3 inch{perhaps m4/3 sized?}. Or that Fuji is going to make an interchangeable lens version of the X20 but with it's own mount design. It could even be a super cheap APS body with no viewfinder. The article does state that this camera will go up against the Nikon 1 and Pentax Q which would favor a smaller sensor.

A new source confirms: new X-body entry level camera announced in July (body+lens for $550) | Fuji Rumors

This second rumor states that there is a new body coming and that it will be entry level, priced at about $550. I could easily see the X20 without a lens fitting this. I do hope that Fuji builds it with a VF, even an electronic one it is better than none. The thing I can't see is Fuji trying to produce multiple lines of lenses.

I guess we will just have to wait and see what this turns out to be. What do you think about these rumors?

2. speedandstyle

3. zapatista

zapatista FujiXspot Regular

Feb 6, 2013
    Denver
    Mike
    Well, I thinks it's obvious that the market couldn't allow the Pentax Q to continue w/unfettered domination in the world of interchangeable lens/microscopic sensors. Oops, I mean Xtreme depth of field devices.

4. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    An X-S2 with X-Trans would be nice.

5. speedandstyle

I am very curious to find out what these cameras turn out to be. If the one is an updated X-S1 then that is fine although nothing I am interested in. The other one however - what is it??

One thing I suggested might be a possible was a X-body with a slightly smaller sensor. Those of use who use micro 4/3 have been begging for a rangefinder style body. Wouldn't it be cool if Fuji built an X-m4/3 body!