2013 New Camera Forecast by Nippon Camera Monthly

Discussion in 'Fuji X Series News and Rumors' started by link0000, Feb 19, 2013.

1. link0000

link0000 FujiXspot Rookie

Feb 13, 2013
    This is Nippon Camera Monthly forecast of 2013's new release (I stole the image from PentaxForums)

X-Pro2 in May and X-E2 in September. Can't quite make out the thing in April, though.

160316d1361296276-new-pentax-cameras-2013-a83035f452094dd18d3f7fb23139ed4c.

Soon-to-be Xer

• Like Like x 1
  2. Armanius

Armanius FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Muttley
    Interest predictions! GH5 by the end of the year? XPro2 in June.

3. Luke

Luke FujiXspot Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    seems like it's all too much

4. Pelao

Pelao FujiXspot Regular

Feb 1, 2013
    GTA, Ontario
    Stephen, or Steve, or 'hey you"
    You would think they'd have the manners to wait until the GH4 was out...;)

5. Armanius

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Muttley
    Asians don't like the number 4. Or at least the Chinese folks don't. 4 sounds similar to the word death. Or so I've been told!

6. Luke

Luke FujiXspot Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    If that E-P5 drops the hump and has a built-in viewfinder on the side, there will be panic in the streets.

• Like Like x 1
  7. garylh

garylh FujiXspot Regular

Feb 7, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  8. capodave

capodave FujiXspot Veteran

Jan 31, 2013
    Mission Viejo CA
    Dave Kavlich
    If that E-P5 drops the hump and has a built-in viewfinder on the side, there will be panic in the streets

That's what I had been waiting for and the reason I switched to the X E1.
    All that and more!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nic

Nic FujiXspot Regular

Feb 5, 2013
    Brisbane, Australia
    Panasonic GH3 and Fujifilm X-E1 having design lives of one year or less? Not sure why Panasonic is shown avoiding the number 6 either.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pelao

Pelao FujiXspot Regular

Feb 1, 2013
    GTA, Ontario
    Stephen, or Steve, or 'hey you"
    I didn't know that. Doesn't bode we'll for Nikon though; according to this they will have a D400 and a D4.

11. Biro

Biro Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Yeah...Nikon seems to be the exception. But you'll notice Panasonic jumped from the G3 to the G5. The same with the compact LX series... LX3 to LX5. And Olympus... from the E-PL3 to the E-PL5. I'm sure there are other examples..

12. afkenner

afkenner FujiXspot Regular

Feb 3, 2013
    New York
    Adam
    Canon G12 skipped right over 13 and 14 to G15, but they do have MkIV models

Olympus did make an OM-4 back in the day.

13. Phoenix

Phoenix Ronin-13 Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix
    It'll be interesting what hardware will they implement in the X Pro-2 other than a modified sensor, Phase detect AF and the split system manual focus (from the phase detect).

Sensor-wise it will be an APSC by Fuji's own admission that the current line up of XF lenses won't work on a full frame sensor, That is unless Fuji decides to release a new line up of lenses that will work on a fullframe sensor which will most likely be counterproductive with their current lenses and bodies.

I wonder what will they (Fuji) implement in the X-Pro 2 (if it is indeed coming out in June) that will entice current users who has learned to work around the X Pro 1's quirks and potential users who usually settle for the XE-1 for the lesser premium.

I reckon the changes and additions has to be "life changing" to get me to upgrade.

• Like Like x 1
  14. steve

steve FujiXspot Rookie

Feb 8, 2013
    new jersey
    steve
    Sounds great, but highly unlikely. X-E1 has'nt been out for a full year yet.
    Steve

15. Armanius

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Muttley
    In addition to what you wrote (which are all the changes implemented on the X100s and X20, which will hopefully increase the AF performance), I'd like to see at least a couple more user customizable buttons, face detection, interface for wireless remote shutter, WYSIWYG exposure preview in the LCD/EVF, 1/8000 max shutter speed, interchangeable grips, and an EVF with higher refresh rate like the OMD and GH3.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ean10775

ean10775 FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    Eric
    Is the LCD/EVF not WYSIWYG? In my limited time with the XE-1 it certainly dimmed/got brighter with exposure compensation...I thought that was what it was showing but perhaps I'm mistaken.

Also, is there some physical limitation with mirrorless cameras and the 1/8000 max shutter? I only ask because to my knowledge there has been no mirrorless camera released with this spec.

17. Armanius

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Muttley
    The LCD/EVF does brighten up (or darken) when using exposure compensation. But in M mode (and in limited situations in the A and S mode), it displays an image of a properly exposed photo, even if it is not. Not a deal breaker, but just a nice thing to have (or at least to have the option of a 100% WYSISWYG).

As for the 1/8000 shutter speed, I have the exact same question as you. I'd have expected the Panasonic GH3 to have 1/8000 given its "pro" target. But it's still limited to 1/4000. However, if I remember correctly, the Nikon V1's electronic shutter is 1/16000!!

18. Gary

Gary FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2013
    SoCal
    Gary
    I'd file this info with the photo of that Nikon mirror-less retro Fuji camera.

19. Nic

Nic FujiXspot Regular

Feb 5, 2013
    Brisbane, Australia
    There is the Samsung NX20 as well, which also uses an electronic shutter to achieve 1/8000.

• Like Like x 1
  20. carlb

carlb FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 6, 2013
    twin cities, minnesota
    Carl
    These are all great things. I especially want wysiwyg exposure preview.

Depending on the split-image manual focus implementation, that could get them a loo-oong way toward a range-finder experience in a fully modern camera. From what I've read, Leica may have lost some of the Kodak sensor magic in the latest M camera. Leaving an opening for an astute Fuji team.

Then too, there's always weather-resistance that we could hope for. Would open up a spot for a sealed lens series too ...

Faster on the draw, faster on the write, more film emulations, maybe a few of the more usable art/filter types from the m43 Olys ... Or, what about a "RangeFinder" picture-feel emulator? (No need to mention the "L" word by name.) With the RF-like split-image manual focus, it could raise quite a few eyebrows, and get more than a few current X-Pro or X-E1 owners to "bite."