Expired Olympus 17mm f2.8 pancake - silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Sachs

Legend
Name
you should be able to figure it out...
Title says it all. Its far from new - I think I bought it in May or June of last year. And its even been used a fair amount. But its in dead perfect shape - I can't even find the tiniest nick, scratch, or imperfection anywhere on it. What can I say - I take good care of my gear... Trying to clear out a couple of lenses I don't use much to get the Panasonic 25, which I probably won't use much either, but at least it'll be as fast as possible when I do! Since I have an X100, this lens doesn't get used anymore.

I'd like $150, shipped in CONUS. Shown here with the dramatic tone art filter, because doesn't everyone want their lens to look as dramatic as possible?

View attachment 41087

-Ray

Ray, you really do love that dramatic tone art filter, don't you? :D

It would be good to see a shot of it attached to your E-PL3 - it's a fantastic match...

Good luck with your sale - this is an underrated lens imho, I'm keeping mine.

Actually, I used the filter a lot when I first got a camera with it a little over a month ago. Now I'm sick of it and pretty much never use it anymore. But I'd been playing around with stuff on the camera and had left in in art filter bracket mode without realizing it. So when I took these shots of the lens, it came up in a plain jpeg, dramatic tone, and grainy B&W. The dramatic tone, in this case, didn't do much to the lens, but it really did interesting things with my wooden desk, so I decided "why not"? And so there you have it. Probably my best advertising photo yet. It almost makes me want to keep it! :cool:

I like the lens too and wouldn't sell it if I didn't have an alternative I use more. I tend toward wider most of the time I decide to go wide (14 or 12) and the X100 is so good at this equivalent focal length that I just don't see when I'm gonna get around to using this again. But its not out of ANY dis-satisfaction with the lens at ALL. And if I ever sell the X100 (not in the foreseeable future but I can never say never), I'll probably just buy another of these or similar.

-Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back