Lightroom 3 "publishing" to Flickr, Smug Mug, etc & "republishing" effects here.

BBW

Legend
Name
BB
So many questions, but for right now I want to start off by reminding those (like me) who are using LR to publish to Flickr, or other photo hosting sites, that when you make any changes to your photos and "republish", although the newly tweaked image will stay in the same spot on your Flickr stream...it will break the link to the photograph if you've already embedded it here on SC. I just noticed this myself tonight and thought I'd mention it. So for anyone else who may use this method - be sure to check your threads here.;)

That also happens when you replace a photograph on flickr. It has nothing to do with Lightroom, but the way flickr operates. When uploading a photograph it produces smaller versions too and these will all get their own url. When you replace a photograph, for instance from Lightroom, it needs to republish it. Again new smaller versions are generated and thus removing the old ones (likely very clearing up space).

Wouter, thanks for adding to that reminder to this thread, I should have made that clear about doing a straight replacement of a photograph as well. It all is perfectly logical, even to the non computer mind, but for some reason I thought that the LR method of republishing would keep the link. Silly me!

Back