Hello from Cebu | Manila Philippines!

chilloutmatt

What a great weather today here in Cebu, considering most of the people there at Manila suffered from yesterday's super thypoon. Hope all of them are Ok now.

well, im matt, an amatuer photographer since 2008, with my camera Harry (D90) i fulfilled my dreams of taking moments into forever.

I recently got my scooter and im in serious need of having a compact camera, in torn between Sony Nex 3 or Oly Pen P3. well, knowing their price range, im so dissapointed how will i downgrade into compact when their prices are for DSLR entry level! So, i look further and found

Olympus XZ-1
Powershoot S95
Panasonic Lumix LX5

now, im confused! somebody get me out of my misery! what do you prefer!?

all i want is to manually choose my shutter speed and aperture. high ISO for my low light ride, and a very good HD video recorder with amazing Depth Of Field or what they say Bokelicous.

help?

or should i stick to my iphone Camera to save cash?

Thanks and cant wait to browse your forums!

welcome!

Welcome to the forum, Matt!

Did you consider the new Olympus E-PM1? It has the same IQ and AF speed as the E-P3 in a more compact body (and compact price). You do lose some manual controls, but it looks like it is fairly easy to change modes, and then you have the dial to change aperture, shutter, or whatever mode you are in. I think it is a great value for m4/3.

If you are okay with a generation old body, there are some deals out there on Panasonic GF2s and Oly E-PL2s.

Hi chilloutmatt! Welcome to the forum! It's nice to see someone here from Cebu.:) I'm from Cebu BTW!:)

You could also try looking at Ricoh GRDIII or the newly announced GRDIV. But I'm afraid It doesn't have HD video. YOu can browse through the ricoh forum and see for yourself. I know Ricoh is not popular here in the Philippines but trust me when I tell you that they are a lot better than what we think.;)

Whoa, thanks for all the welcomes, i did noticed a lot mispelled word at my introduction. Hehe, i took notes about the MORE compact camera you guys suggested and now, im more confused!

thats ok, at least it opened my eyes to different kind of cameras, i might opt for olympus Z1 coz it will only cost me 19400 philippines peso. or the Lumix X5 for only 17000 phil peso. Ill update you guys what happened. it tough.

Hi Matt, welcome to serious compacts. I don't think there is much between those compacts, you shouldn't be disappointed whichever one you choose. All down to how they feel in your hand really. Looking forward to hearing which way you go with your SC choice.

Welcome!

among the fixed-lens compacts, the XZ1 is definitely the best for bokeh, with the EX1 a close second, although the Samsung has a shorter tele end and no HD video.

Salamat!
Now you can say "Thank You" in Tagalog

got my LX5 and it's first night i used it to cover an event, all i can say is that im satisfied and a very happy owner. But most of the time in lost and spent a lot of time doodling with the buttons and settings.

here's the pic: Facebook

sorry dont know how to post pictures here.

good morning from the Philippines, Cebu!

Back