Compact Leica V-Lux2 - it's not your V-Lux20, but akin to the V-Lux 1 from 2006

BBW

Legend
Name
BB
A new V-Lux called, not surprisingly, the V-Lux2 and it's billed as "the compact camera for travel and nature photography".

From Leica Rumors:
The V-LUX 2 combines a high-performance lens and outstanding image quality with a sleek and compact body. Equipped with a LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT 4.5 – 108 mm f/2.8 – 5.2 ASPH. lens, a 3’’ rotating LCD display and a wide variety of video functions in 1080i-AVCHD Full HD, the V-LUX 2 is ideal for almost any photographic situation...

...The V-LUX 2’s LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT 4.5 – 108 mm f/2.8 – 5.2 ASPH. 24-fold super-zoom lens offers an enormous range of focal lengths equivalent to 25–600 mm in 35-mm format.

...A newly developed 14.1 MP CMOS image sensor tuned to perfection enhances the high-performance LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT 4.5 – 108 mm f/2.8 – 5.2 ASPH. zoom. In combination with the camera’s electronics and firmware, the sensor guarantees brilliant, high-contrast images with natural color rendition and superb sharpness....
There's quite a bit to read and it could be quite something but I can't tell if there are controls for f stops, shutter speeds, etc. I'd like to know more.

This camera will be available this October and comes with both Adobe Lighroom and Elements.

More fact based information should be available soon. Right now I see that Engadget is referring to this camera as a "rebranded DMC-FZ100" and have added
It appears that Panasonic's DMC-FZ100 -- deemed the world's best megazoom by critics back in August -- has been reborn as a Leica, though the shell doesn't appear to have changed at all. Of course, we've seen Leica pull this rebranding trick before, but we're sure the so-called V-Lux 2M is far superior in some way that we've yet to be informed about.
I'm sure we'll get the real story soon enough and preferably without too much added editorializing...though I'm not sure that is possible.;)

Back