Fall has Begun (EX1/TL500 Photos)

neilvan

Regular
My second day out with this wonderful camera. I am really enjoying using this camera, probably the best camera purchase (out of roughly 30) I have made since the Sony R1. My DSLR's don't get used to often anymore, these compacts are getting just to darn good!

These were all taken at Deer Lake, in Burnaby, BC, Canada. All shot in Raw, converted in ACR 6.2/CS5, zero post-processing in the photos presented here.

More from today can be seen here: Zenfolio | Neil Vanderwolf | Recent Additions

p136211707-5.jpg

p1019517324-5.jpg

p347384928-5.jpg

The 1:1 Raw format sure comes in handy, something I got used to with my LX3.

p1059683629-5.jpg

Very impressive daylight photos

Those are beautiful photographs of fall. I especially like the lake photo, which looks so clear it's like I could reach into my screen and touch the water.

If you have children, I'll be watching for something taken in an evening environment, hoping to see how it performs when people are moving. I have an old Fuji F30 which I love for the it's better than average high-iso performance, which is needed to stop action when my daughter is moving. I would like to upgrade to a new/better camera and I've had my eye on the EX1.

Good shooting.

Hi James,

Thanks for your comments, they are appreciated!

I actually don't take photos of people at all. Never have, probably never will. :tongue: I also don't (very rarely I will for the effect with a photo intended for B&W) shoot beyond the base ISO with any of my small sensor cameras. Sorry I couldn't help more...

Neil, thanks so much for these. My favorites are the last two. I agree with James that your shot of the pond with those waterlilies does seem as though it's right there for me to reach into - great clarity! The one of the leaf's "print" on what looks to be concrete or stucco is lovely in its tones and simplicity - it's quite beautiful. I'm sure that standing on its own in a larger size it would be even more stunning.

Those are beautiful photographs of fall. I especially like the lake photo, which looks so clear it's like I could reach into my screen and touch the water.

If you have children, I'll be watching for something taken in an evening environment, hoping to see how it performs when people are moving. I have an old Fuji F30 which I love for the it's better than average high-iso performance, which is needed to stop action when my daughter is moving. I would like to upgrade to a new/better camera and I've had my eye on the EX1.

Good shooting.

James, I think you might get some help on the children in motion shots from Wallace - check out his new thread: https://www.photographerslounge.org/f9/samsung-tl500-also-known-ex1-my-ongoing-review-496/ ;)

Back