Fuji Dull weather Christmas Eve photos

Iansky

All-Pro
Very dull and dismal Christmas Eve in our part of the UK, still determined to get out with the X100 and get some images so managed to get these that I like in B&W.

Into_the_distance.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Old_trees.jpg

Bird_over_the_wood.jpg

The_old_shed.jpg

No chance of Santa finding the UK tonight, cloud is too thick and bad atmospherics will bugger up his Sat Nav..............Ho hum!

Merry Christmas everyone

Outstanding. You have mastered the art of turning a digital colour image into the rich tones traditionally found in a well rendered silver print. Do you print at all?

Outstanding. You have mastered the art of turning a digital colour image into the rich tones traditionally found in a well rendered silver print. Do you print at all?

Not anymore - started working as a PJ in the analogue days so many a happy day spent in the darkroom surrounded by red lights and smelly finger staining chemicals!!

Thanks James - prefer sun though.............this damp drizzle and grey skies do not offer the best of photo opportunities, still we have to do the best with what we are offered.

I am sure it will get better - bet you are having better weather in OZ?

Ian, it doesn't seem to matter how dismal the weather might be .. nothing stops you from making beautiful images. Splendid work, AGAIN! Do you find, like I do, that it's the poor weather days that make for fabulous light? Sunny weather with all its harsh shadows is so ...... pedestrian. Keep shooting on the "snotty" days!

Hi Arie,

You are right, cloudy bright days for me are the best for my style of image as bright sunny days with harsh lighting and heavy shadows have their place and very often produce very dramatic images, but the cloudy is better.

It is all a personal choice and this is my personal opinion on what works best for me.

Like Arie, I also like the challenge of producing usable images on challenging days - it's what makes photography fun.

Back