a few more London shots

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by deanmessenger, Feb 25, 2013.

1. deanmessenger

deanmessenger FujiXspot Regular

Feb 24, 2013
    Surrey UK
    Dean Messenger
    a few more with the X-E1 handheld at night in London

battersea at night black and white.
    battersea london.
    battersea power station night.
    city of lights.
    london eye.

• Like Like x 8
  2. deanmessenger

Feb 24, 2013
    Surrey UK
    Dean Messenger
    the bridge.
    the Dickens Inn.
    the shard.
    tower bridge.

• Like Like x 8
  3. Biro

Biro Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Every one of those images is stellar.

4. afkenner

afkenner FujiXspot Regular

Feb 3, 2013
    New York
    Adam
    Oh my, the warmth of the tones in first post 2 & 3, the lovely softness and range in your B&W conversion of same, these are just such exceptional art.

5. petach

petach FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 16, 2013
    Gotta say.....every time I look at your posts I think "I don't remember posting these here" Then I realise they are yours.......and making a 1st class job of what you set out to do. Lovely stuff and I am sure we must have bumped into each other at some time. I prowl around between Tower Bridge and Battersea roughly once a week on average. It is so photogenic. Until now I have used my 5d mk2 (which will get an airing once the excitement of the X-E1 has died down)

6. deanmessenger

Feb 24, 2013
    Surrey UK
    Dean Messenger
    prowling is about right lol. normally around 2am when its freezing cold and the drunks are on the hunt for someone to chat to.
    had the police stop a few times and take an interest but always friendly, along the south bank by London eye always the worst place for the drunks in the small hours. with the old canon 500D was kinda hard not to be noticed but the fuji can slip inside a coat with no problems so its great for the descrete shooting.
    Saying that i dont get up there as often as a like ( pulling those all nighters after working all weeks a killer) but certainly hope to do some alternative locations and would love to get inside battersea for some urban ex. Hopefully will get up to highate pretty soon and also holland park for the japanese water gardens and camden for some street candids
    much appreciated on the comments always nice when work appreciated though the camera really does help alot, dont think i could have ever got some of those shots handheld with the canon

7. Isoterica

Isoterica FujiXspot Regular

Feb 10, 2013
    Beautiful images.. night can be so magical and you captured that or perhaps you created that.

8. cherrywood

cherrywood FujiXspot Regular

Feb 24, 2013
    Ohio
    Dean, beautiful , my favorite is the first BW shot, Very nice.
    Dennis

9. Penfan2010

Penfan2010 FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Central-ish NJ
    Ed
    Photos of the Tate are really great, beautiful light.

10. deanmessenger

Feb 24, 2013
    Surrey UK
    Dean Messenger
    maybe so but none of mine above are of the tate :p

11. Phoenix

Phoenix Ronin-13 Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix
    +1 :)

12. Bandrews

Bandrews FujiXspot Rookie

Feb 19, 2013
    That second shot of Battersea is epic!

13. Iansky

Iansky FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    Dean, these are a great set of images - just wish they were larger.

I have always been drawn to images of Battersea Power Station and just hope the new owners do not ruin that historic building that is so much a part of the city.

They are all great shots that get the juices flowing for night work - Thanks for sharing

14. deanmessenger

Feb 24, 2013
    Surrey UK
    Dean Messenger
    Many thanks for all the kind words. I certainly hope they don't ruin Battersea and turn it into some glorified theme park or rich mans housing estate. would have loved to taken some shots of it in the snow but hope to catch it at sunrise or sunset one day in near future