A Little Macro

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by demiro, Feb 1, 2013.

1. demiro

demiro FujiXspot Regular

Jan 31, 2013
    PA-USA
    Dean
    There was a recent thread on SeriousCompacts about using something like the X10 for macro instead of a dedicated macro lens on an ILC. Figured I'd do a quick and dirty demo of what the X10 can do on it's own and with a cheap 10X macro lens attachment. Too cold here for any bugs, so I shot a very boring penny. Hand held. No flash or special lighting.

First up is X10 in super macro mode, uncropped. Needs to be at 28mm in this mode, which can lead to some issues with blocking light, as the X10 will allow you to get very close to your subject:

x10_zps80fd2823.

Here is that shot cropped to match the shot with the 10X lens:

x10cropped_zps77bcab52.

Here it is uncropped with the 10X macro lens attached:

x10_10X_zpsfde7a33b.

And the 10X version cropped:

x10_10Xcrop_zpsd2794c30.

Nothing very good here when compared to what can be done with a macro lens; tripod; flash; etc., but for what it is -- a compact camera with a $24 macro attachment -- the results are OK and it is a fun diversion.

If anyone is interested, the macro attachment is from Opteka and fits the 52mm filter threads on the Fuji lens hood. B&H Link

• Like Like x 3
  2. Penfan2010

Penfan2010 FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Central-ish NJ
    Ed
    That is amazingly sharp! I am impressed as well by the basic macro capability on the X100, but this is very good. Thanks for sharing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. demiro

demiro FujiXspot Regular

Jan 31, 2013
    PA-USA
    Dean
    Anyone else doing some macro work with an X camera? Show us what you have...close-up!

4. Iansky

Iansky FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    Macro for flowers

I took this today in a local graveyard, used the macro setting on the X100 to get in close and isolate the flowers.

[​IMG]

5. kyteflyer

kyteflyer FujiXspot Regular

Feb 1, 2013
    Sue
  6. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. FujiXspot Veteran

Jan 31, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM
    A little frost up close with the X10
    [​IMG]

7. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. FujiXspot Veteran

Jan 31, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM
    It's been a mild winter, and I see this hive active from time to time, but this guy, though alive, seemed a bit stunned by the cold. With the X10 -- super macro, but not super close.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1