Ricoh GRD IV Ship Date??

jakri

Regular
Name
Jim Krivitz
Any news on when the GRD IV will ship in U.S.? Adorama site still says it will ship in October. When I called customer service, they said they have no information. It's already out in parts of Asia. Just wondering...and waiting....

i agree it's a bit of a frustration.
i don't mind waiting for a camera when there's a clear release date, but this is a bit ridiculous, as several dates were stated. october, then november. then ... unknown release date. same on B&H. have one on pre-order since the beginning of october. :(

I just checked B&H and they have the GRD IV in stock and are shipping mine out, 2-day, for arrival Thursday, 11/10. I quickly went back to Adorama to check status of my original order and they are still not indicating it's in, so I cancelled that order. Looking forward to a quick turnaround from B&H and testing the new GRD IV this weekend!

@sparth, I'm sure yours should be on the way soon!!

Jim

I just checked B&H and they have the GRD IV in stock and are shipping mine out, 2-day, for arrival Thursday, 11/10. I quickly went back to Adorama to check status of my original order and they are still not indicating it's in, so I cancelled that order.

We are expecting a few in any day now, (which will fulfil b/orders, first come first served), but Ricoh have just advised that the production schedule of MOUNT A12(leica mount) and GR DIGITAL4(Black and white) will be delayed.

thanksfor all these infos!
jakri: i called B&H and asked them to switch to the black GRD IV instead of the white.
i liked the white version, but not to the point of having to wait three months for it.
will received the black one around thursday or friday.

s

It's already in Australia, but I am refraining from buying it right now. I have a Fuji X10 on order which should be coming on about the 20th, so then I can decide whether I really, really want a X10, or if I will get a IV instead.

X10 = bigger camera but super video, decent stills and good zoom. IV = smaller camera with more of the Ricoh goodness but still with the GRD limitations (lack of zoom, lack of even halfway decent video and higher price). But I could most likely go to the store tomorrow and buy one. Aaaarrrrr...

The GRD4 is sitting on my desk, still boxed up. I brought in a fully charged spare battery and SD card to work. Lunch is going to be fun, and I'm not talking about food.

Back