A rainy Monday morning

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by TonyTurley, Oct 9, 2017.

1. TonyTurley

TonyTurley FujiXspot Top Veteran

May 2, 2016
    Tony
    Drove in the rain to a remote lake about an hour from my house. I had a fair bit of company for a soggy Monday morning. Plum Orchard Lake is popular. Quite rainy and foggy most of the morning, although the fog eventually burned away around noon, leading to a blustery day with the rain, clouds, wind, and sun playing tag all afternoon. These were with the 10-24 on the X-T1. Any smears on the filter are solely the responsibility of the photographer.

DSCF0202.JPG
    DSCF0204.JPG
    DSCF0210.JPG
    DSCF0215.JPG
    DSCF0226.JPG
    DSCF0222.JPG

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 10
  2. merlin

merlin FujiXspot Veteran

May 25, 2017
    Northern New Mexico
    Merlin Emrys
    The fog definitely lends a sense of mystery, especially in #2, and the colors are lovely.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. pdurand

pdurand FujiXspot Regular

Mar 17, 2016
    J'adore ces atmosphères vaporeuses!

• Like Like x 1
  4. TonyTurley

May 2, 2016
    Tony
    Merci!

5. Lazydog1

Lazydog1 FujiXspot Regular

Dec 22, 2015
    David Lazzarich
    Lovely spot. Can see your love for it in your photos. Well done!

6. TonyTurley

May 2, 2016
    Tony
    Thanks David.

7. KillRamsey

KillRamsey Super Moderator

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    Looks like a quiet place - and you said you had company. I struggle with that out here, making places look emptier than they were in reality. It pays off when you can manage it.

8. TonyTurley

May 2, 2016
    Tony
    It was mostly quiet - except for the idiot going from cove to cove, shooting from a boat. I tried to get a pic of him from across the lake with the 230, but he was too far for details. He saw me across the lake watching, and quickly headed back to the dock. By the time I was back at my car and headed out myself, he was gone. I talked to a DNR officer, and he said what the guy was doing broke several state laws, but unless they caught him in the act, not much they could do. There were a few other fishermen, and a number of vehicles driving on the roads around the lake.

9. KillRamsey

KillRamsey Super Moderator

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    Damn!

The little hike we did in Colorado a few weeks ago, up a fire road to a fire watch tower, passed what seemed to be a sanctioned spot to fire guns. 3-4 trucks there at all times, targets set up among the stumps, constant gunfire. You could never get away from the sound of it. Happens a lot here in OR too -- everywhere you want to camp, except the park campgrounds, is littered with shell casings.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1