After winning the forum's contest X20...

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Peter Chin, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Peter Chin

Peter Chin FujiXspot Regular

Feb 2, 2013
    ...what will be the first person, place or thing that will be in it's viewfinder? :p

If i win, and it being March it'll be most likely a neighbourhood called, "The Beaches"...there's a boardwalk, it's own parking lot cafe, a yacht club...yachts being UNDER 25' ...lol and a quaint main street filled with shops and little eateries...then off of that there is a water treatment plant, postal station, skate park and a Fire training station and that's pretty much the stroll...oh and lots of characters and things like that too.

So, what will be on your SD when you win the Fujifilm X20?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Biro

Biro Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    If the authorities would permit me, I would attempt to take photos of the ongoing recovery from Hurricane Sandy along the Jersey Shore.

• Like Like x 1
  3. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    I'd probably drop dead because I never win anything. But my estate would for sure love the camera.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Iansky

Iansky FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    Mine will be the ceiling as I will have fainted with shock and still on my back when I open the box, insert battery & card then take first photo.............once my shock is over I will shoot either street or landscape for B&W conversion.

Still, with my luck I have more chance of winning the lottery!! - still live in hope though

• Like Like x 1
  5. Christilou

Christilou FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    I would most likely Blip it :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Luke

Luke FujiXspot Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    new camera in my house? That's easy. The first thing is the bathroom mirror self-portrait to document the camera's existence. Then a few dog shots, then make the cats pose for ANOTHER new camera. Then maybe a walk along the lakefront or a hike down some familiar trails to look for something new.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Steve B.

Steve B. FujiXspot Regular

Feb 2, 2013
    Stanley my 12 year old black lab mix. He's my test model and the love of my life. :D

8. It'sGreg

It'sGreg FujiXspot Rookie

Feb 3, 2013
    Iowa
    If I were to win a new X20, I'd probably donate my current X10 to the local Veteran's Center where they teach basic photography workshops to disabled vets. Or, you know...I'd do that dog and cat thing.

• Like Like x 1
  9. FlyDog

FlyDog FujiXspot Rookie

Feb 5, 2013
    Tolland, CT
    Bob G
    In the unlikely event the X20 prize comes my way, the first image will be my 6 year old daughter with missing front teeth.

10. JJJPhoto

JJJPhoto FujiXspot Regular

Feb 2, 2013
    Funny you should say that. When I got my X10 last year the first photos I took were a series of pictures of my then 6-year-old daughter when she lost her front teeth:

DSCF0832-XL.

• Like Like x 3
  11. boid

boid FujiXspot Regular

Feb 2, 2013
    On winning the X20, I'm heading straight to Syria.

12. dixeyk

dixeyk Guest

Me buying a lottery ticket because I NEVER win anything so I would need to milk as much good fortune out of my mojo before it disappears again.

13. afkenner

afkenner FujiXspot Regular

Feb 3, 2013
    New York
    Adam
    There's a contest? :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. TheKeddi

TheKeddi FujiXspot Regular

Feb 2, 2013
    Mine (If I am lucky enough to win!) will be taking a trip to the UK when I go with my mum in June to see her brother that she hasn't seen in 48 years!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hyubie

Hyubie FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 4, 2013
    Weymouth, MA
    You guys won't be taking any pics because IT WILL BE MINE!!!!! :cool:

And the first pic that will come out of that nifty camera is my house (better pics = will sell faster). :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. yorik

yorik FujiXspot Regular

Feb 1, 2013
    Northern California
    Yonatan
    When :) I win the X20 the first pictures will probably be of my kids (or one of them). But if I'm really lucky,
    I'll grab a shot of my wife looking irritated that I am pointing a camera at her again!

• Like Like x 1
  17. kyteflyer

kyteflyer FujiXspot Regular

Feb 1, 2013
    Sue
    Somewhat inevitably, the first shot if I were to win would be of Tom... poor little beggar, he's seriously over cameras and now looks away if I take too long.

Here's the first off the X100
    6083630083_7fa66bd895_z.
    Tom, resigned to his fate. by kyte50, on Flickr

• Like Like x 1
  18. ijuf

ijuf New to FujiXspot

Feb 7, 2013
    If I win, first shots would be to share some of my city skylines and places.

19. FlyDog

FlyDog FujiXspot Rookie

Feb 5, 2013
    Tolland, CT
    Bob G
    JJJPhoto -- that _is_ funny. Cute girl! It was while taking a simple posed photo of my daughter with missing teeth and a snowman that finally tipped me over the edge about my Canon G10's speed and handling (annoyances with both).

20. theoldsmithy

theoldsmithy FujiXspot Regular

Feb 4, 2013
    Herefordshire, England
    Martin Connolly
    If my old spaniel is still going (and to be honest it's touch and go) I'll get some good close ups of that grizzled old nose while I can... after that a trip to Burslem for some atmospheric B&W industrial decay shots.