All At Sea !

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Lee48, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Lee48

Lee48 FujiXspot Regular

Apr 22, 2017
    cornwall
    DSCF1328 copy.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. ripleysbaby

ripleysbaby FujiXspot Regular

Nov 16, 2013
    Can't see anything Lee ?

3. Lee48

Lee48 FujiXspot Regular

Apr 22, 2017
    cornwall
    Not sure what I've done :doh:

• Like Like x 1
  4. ripleysbaby

ripleysbaby FujiXspot Regular

Nov 16, 2013
    I can see it now !

5. Lee48

Lee48 FujiXspot Regular

Apr 22, 2017
    cornwall
    Many thanks for the medal Phoenix and the likes Riply.Bluz.Covey.LarryT.

6. Biro

Biro Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Cornwall is one if the most beautiful places on Earth. I would live there if I could. Feel free to post many pictures. Flooding there this weekend. I hope you're not affected, Lee.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  7. Lee48

Lee48 FujiXspot Regular

Apr 22, 2017
    cornwall
    Thank you Biro your right if you live in Cornwall you need to paint or at least have a camera. Thankfully I live a bit higher than the flooding. Will do my best cheers. .

8. Phoenix

Phoenix Ronin-13 Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix
    Generally I like photos in all of it's various shapes and forms, colour, b&w, hdr, macro, portraiture, architecture, landscape, abstract etc.. each are beautiful in their own unique way.

Everyone has something in photography that they admire, one thing that really impresses me is when something basic and simple is turned into something more.

It's easy to take any photograph disregarding the basics, rules, guidelines, etc..(after all, rules are made to be broken :p) It's just more challenging to adhere to them.

In this image I can see a the effective use of repetition, the rule of thirds is nicely employed even with the golden mean. The high contrast b/w keeps the image basic and eliminates distractions. I know what I am looking at and yet it also looks abstract.

Some may say “why can’t you just enjoy the image?’, or “why do you have to over analyse it?” or “it kills the artistic intent of the image”

I hope no one takes it the wrong way, I do like the image, I understand the appreciate the artistic content of the photo. It’s just that I’m also really impressed that all of these were done within the said parameters.

9. Lee48

Lee48 FujiXspot Regular

Apr 22, 2017
    cornwall
    I must admit I have been accused pushing or even breaking the rules ☺ it sometimes works but not always I do appreciate your response.