All things Fuji equipment and what other photogs are doing w/ their cameras

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by garylh, Feb 7, 2013.

1. garylh

garylh FujiXspot Regular

Feb 7, 2013
    The curator of this scoop.it about Fuji really does a pretty good job in terms of keeping up w/ what other people are saying and doing w/ Fuji cameras. MacJim who I believe is also a member of serious compact and rff first posted about it. I like it enough that I check for interesting content once a day.

http://www.scoop.it/t/fuji-x-pro1?page=1

Gary

• Like Like x 2
  2. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Interesting content rendered almost completely unreadable by an apparent ignorance of how to use the carriage return key :mad:

...hang on a minute. Let me get this straight. This is not a site of original content, it is material "liberated" from other sources... how does that work with regard to copyright, then?

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jan 31, 2013
    Boston, MA (USA)
    It depends on the size of the excerpt relative to the original source. Also depends on which part is excerpted. For example, quoting the entire conclusion/summary is not acceptable. A few lines from the intro with a link to read more is fine. Looks to me like they're pretty close to the line of copyright infringement.

4. Lightmancer

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    I agree.

Not to mention that copyright is treated differently in different countries - "fair use" is not a universal concept. I would be furious and reaching for a lawyer if that amount of content was lifted from one of my sites.

5. garylh

garylh FujiXspot Regular

Feb 7, 2013
    If u double click the article itself it will take u directly to the site where the article was found, where u can read full context of article and all the associated pictures. I not sure that the site is even in US given the domain name. The site has been active for very long time and this particular curator seems to be from Germany.

Gary

6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jan 31, 2013
    Boston, MA (USA)
    They've curated my posts quite a few times. I'm not bothered by it. Many sites do far worse.

7. Lightmancer

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Call me old fashioned, but "curated"seems in this case to be a euphemism for "appropriated". It bothers me. I have been the victim of copyright theft three times and hold a low tolerance view.

Sent from another Galaxy