Alternatie Hood for XF 60mm?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Burkey, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Burkey

Burkey FujiXspot Regular Subscribing Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Northern New England
    David
    Hey Folks,
    I'm seriously considering purchasing the XF 60mm lens for portrait work and am searching for an alternative hood for the lens even though the front element is very recessed on the 60mm. (The included hood is really big.) Amazon through Willoughby's offers a "kit" with the lens that includes, (at least in the photo), a hood similar to the one that comes with the XF 35mm, a hood I actually like. My suspicions are that the hood they include isn't the same as with the 35mm since there is a significant difference in filter sizes between these two lenses.
    So, anyone with any experiences and/or thoughts to share will, as always, be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    . . . David

2. the sardonic iconic

the sardonic iconic FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 2, 2013
    NYC
    Hey, don't have any meaningful input here, but just curious as to why you wouldn't opt for the 56mm 1.2 for portraits?

3. Burkey

Burkey FujiXspot Regular Subscribing Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Northern New England
    David
    Valid question. I'd opt immediately for the 56/1.2 but its too much money right now for me. I like the results I'm seeing with the 60/2.4 here and on other forums and think it will do well for me.
    . . . David