Anyone else wishing for X100s+interchangeable lens?

Discussion in 'Fuji X100, X100S, and X100T' started by Jamie Z, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Jamie Z

Jamie Z FujiXspot Regular

Mar 10, 2013
    western Colorado
    Anyone else in this camp?

2. demiro

demiro FujiXspot Regular

Jan 31, 2013
    PA-USA
    Dean
    The opposite for me. X100s + lens from X10 welded tight. :D

3. Biro

Biro Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Wouldn't that essentially be the X-E1?

4. spinyman

spinyman FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Valley Center,CA.
    Nope.I like it just how it is.

5. yorik

yorik FujiXspot Regular

Feb 1, 2013
    Northern California
    Yonatan
    `Wishing'...?

I'm wishing for an X200s with a fixed 85mm equiv (or so), (f1.8 or lower) lens, with all the other specs the same as X100s, and...

... enough money to buy both 100s and 200s! :)

6. Armanius

Armanius FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Muttley
    More or less. But I suppose the XE1S or the XE2 will be more like the X100S due to the phase detection sensor. But still minus the hybrid VF.

7. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    No. But I would like to see one with a 50mm equivalent option, like Sigma has offered with the DP series.

Sent from another Galaxy

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pav

Pav FujiXspot Regular

Mar 4, 2013
    Detroit
    Pavlos
    Now that would be cool.

9. the Tif

the Tif FujiXspot Rookie

Mar 9, 2013
    Germany
    Tim F.
    I actually would like the X100s as Interchangable-Lens Camera. -But with mFT mount :rolleyes:
    Otherwise i m quite shure the Xpro 2 will be the Camera you are looking for-so if this is important, better wait a bit, before you spend your money on a camera that dosnt fit your needs!

10. jloden

jloden FujiXspot Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Count me in... pretty much what I'm hoping the X-Pro2 is going to be: the X100S except able to take the X-mount lenses (much like the X100 was precursor to the X-Pro1).

If that materializes (or for that matter an X-E2/X-E1S with better AF, focus peaking/split screen focus) then I'm pretty sure I'd be buying one to replace my X-E1. I love some things about Fuji's X line, and if I could trust the AF to nail shots like I do m4/3 or DSLR gear I'd be a pretty happy camper.

• Like Like x 2
  11. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    I am pretty sure the X-Pro2, whenever that camera comes, will sport a newer sensor with more pixels, wither 20 MP or 24 MP. Personally, I'd rather go with 20.

12. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Near Philadephila
    I WAS waiting for an X100 plus interchangeable lenses and then Fuji made it and I have one - its called the X-Pro1. Maybe the X100s with interchangeable lenses will be called the X-Pro 2. I don't know, kind of a longshot, but I think it MIGHT happen...

-Ray

• Like Like x 2
  13. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. FujiXspot Veteran

Jan 31, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM
    Nope. As others have said, that would the X-Pro 1. I'm glad they did not stop the X100 series when they came out with it.

14. Jamie Z

Jamie Z FujiXspot Regular

Mar 10, 2013
    western Colorado
    precisely!

I'll still get an X100s, get some experience with Fuji and working with a fixed EFL 35 camera and see what develops (so to speak)

15. speedandstyle

speedandstyle FujiXspot Regular

I am with you! I don't get the current trend of excellent cameras with a fixed lens. This isn't 1950! I can live with a quality zoom but would be far too limited with a single focal length. They are too expensive to buy multiples{ala Sigma's Merrill}. I was hoping the new Nikon Coolpix A would use interchangeable lenses and be able to adapt old Nikkors but they went with a fixed lens too.

I am very impressed with the new X100s , everything BUT being limited to a single focal length. Worse is that it is a focal length I never really liked. Back when I shot 35mm film I always found the 35mm focal length too long to be a good wide and it distorted too much for portraits. Conversely I loved my 28mm and 50mm! I would get an X100 with swappable lenses even if there were only a couple of decent prime lenses. That said I am considering the X-pro/X-E1, just finding the price tag hard to swallow!

16. Lawrence A.

Jan 31, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM
    This isn't the 1950's, but just like then, manufacturers are discovering there is a market for rangefinder like cameras with a good quality fixed lens. The X100 with interchangeable lenses has already been made: it's called the X-Pro 1. It's a bit bigger, but who cares, since you're going to be putting large hunks of glass on the front anyway. There are plenty of interchangeable lens cameras out there. Hands off my X100!:D

17. the sardonic iconic

the sardonic iconic FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 2, 2013
    NYC
    I wish they made a X100 variant with a 100mm f2.5 or similar. I can pretty much do all my work with those two focal lengths.

18. Lawrence A.

Jan 31, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM
    Well, Fuji made the medium format rangefinders with different focal lengths (and different formats), so it wouldn't be without precedent, though I'm doubtful.

19. yorik

yorik FujiXspot Regular

Feb 1, 2013
    Northern California
    Yonatan
    My plan is to pair the X100s with my K5+77ltd (115 mm equiv, f1.8)... as you say, that combination of focal lengths covers most
    of my `needs'... (with the 43 ltd in my pocket for something in between).

Yonatan

20. FujiVic

FujiVic New to FujiXspot

Mar 11, 2013
    I do...