Micro 4/3 Lalibela

Alf, I'd really love to know more about these portraits when you have the time. Setting, who they are...and in this case what your post processing methods were... This one has a print film quality, to my eyes. Very moving.

Choosing lenses: I took with me a bagful of lenses hoping to learn what I like most for each situation, and swapped like mad all the time - in this case, indoor shooting is the realm of the Hexanon 50/1.4 (used in this pic) and of the Lumix 20/1.7, while drive-by shooting works best by pre-focusing with the Hexanon 40/1.8 where DOF is easier to judge.
The 14-42 M.Zuiko kit lens was great for daytime outdoors and I like it a lot when wide - together with the 20, still undecided which to leave on most of the time.

About the absence of background info on where,how,why - you are right. It's coming whene the big push to complete PP and choose which images are to survive is over, meanwhile I pick something from the day's PP work to show in the forum so you know I'm not dead under a pile of sd cards. When I'm done I'd like to present all the work in a narrated form, but I'll have to learn this too - open to suggestions on methods.

About the absence of background info on where,how,why - you are right. It's coming whene the big push to complete PP and choose which images are to survive is over, meanwhile I pick something from the day's PP work to show in the forum so you know I'm not dead under a pile of sd cards. When I'm done I'd like to present all the work in a narrated form, but I'll have to learn this too - open to suggestions on methods.

Good questions. Easy for us to ask for more, but a bit overwhelming for anyone with the number of photos you've probably amassed! This might be a good question for a thread over in the Image Processing forum. Perhaps you'll find some good ideas in this thread and/or care to add to it. https://www.photographerslounge.org...izing-digitally-print-blogs-albums-books-606/ I'm sure eventually that you'll have a chance to narrow your selections down and then perhaps it will become easier to find a way to combine words with photos. You've got a big job there. Olli's got some very good methods he has outlined in that thread I just linked you to.

Back