Anyone using a Hex DSLR Backpack

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by bs1946, Feb 12, 2017.

1. bs1946

bs1946 FujiXspot Rookie

Mar 12, 2016
    Hex is a bag maker that has been around for a while and makes a number of different general purpose backpacks plus a few camera specific backpacks. Their RAVEN DSLR Backpack comes in several sizes and is made from Tarpaulin. They also have another model just called the DSLR backpack which is made from waxed canvas. They are similar to the Think Thank Airport series of backpacks and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the Hex Backpacks.

2. bs1946

bs1946 FujiXspot Rookie

Mar 12, 2016
    I guess I'll answer my own question. I posted this same question in the accessories forum on DPReview and in several Fuji groups on Facebook. No answers, so my conclusion was don't buy one. It may be the greatest camera backpack in the world but I went to the same exercise last year and wound up with a PacSafe backpack that was a nightmare for me. So, if anyone reads this, I bought a Think Tank Airport Essentials which is about the same size as the Hex Raven Medium DSLR backpack. It is up to Think Tank's usual quality and it's basically a rectangular box with a lot of dividers to allow you to customize it any way you want.

• Like Like x 1