anyone using the new macro extension tubes, yet?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Luke, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Luke

Luke FujiXspot Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I'd love to see some photos and hear what lenses you are using them with. Surely Santa must have dropped off at least a few in here.

2. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Not yet, but I am seriously considering it...

3. Luke

Jan 31, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    i was heading out to run some errands and the lightest fluffiest snow in the world was pile on my windscreen. I ran back into the house to grab the X-Pro with the 35mm attached......I was wishing I had those tubes. I tried a close-up of a single snowflake, but from 4 inches away, it's not much of a close-up. I haven't checked yet to see if I can crop it into a decent enough photo. Maybe I'll be the guinea pig in the group.

4. landshark

landshark Fujiman

Feb 1, 2013
    SoCal
    I just received mine yesterday, but I do not think I will get a chance to use them until next week at the earliest

• Like Like x 1
  5. alans

alans FujiXspot Regular

Oct 31, 2013
    I just got a MCEX-11 and on the 18-55 it seems to work well. With the IS, I get a hand holdable close up lens that works down to 1/8 sec. at 55mm. Fun!

Here is a link to a magnification chart at fujifilm.com

• Like Like x 1
  6. xpatriot

xpatriot FujiXspot Rookie

Oct 18, 2013
    Can someone confirm that the highlighted number on the chart under mcx-16 is with the 11 and 16 combined?

Sent from my iPhone using FujiXspot

7. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    The rings are not supposed to be combined, so there is no chart column indicating the magnification if someone combines both macro rings.

8. xpatriot

xpatriot FujiXspot Rookie

Oct 18, 2013
    Understood, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using FujiXspot

9. f2bthere

f2bthere FujiXspot Regular

Jul 29, 2014
    Use with the Zeiss 60mm is not officially supported. If anyone tries using this lens, I would love to hear if it works.

10. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
  11. Luke

Jan 31, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    an MCEX-11 arrived at my house yesterday. It really allows the 35mm to focus much closer. These two shots are without the adapter and with the adapter showing the closest I could get the camera to lock focus. Of course, with the adapter on, I only had 2 inches to work with (with the lens hood attached). I hope to do some flower and bug shooting in the next couple weeks. When I have something more than test shots to show, I'll be sure to load them up here. Seems like for the price, everyone should have one in their toolbox.

18168339291_46de3c97f2_b. DSCF5241 by Luke, on Flickr

I was quite surprised in this macro shot to learn that the letters on this prescription bottle appear to made up of small blocks.....never noticed that with the naked eye before. Not true macro 1:1, but good enough for my uses.

17546590273_71372be9f7_b. DSCF5245 by Luke, on Flickr

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lou Tingle

Lou Tingle FujiXspot Regular

Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  13. Lou Tingle

Lou Tingle FujiXspot Regular

Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2015