Fuji X100 - Panoramic mode

Iansky

All-Pro
I thought I would give this mode a try this afternoon, I shot it handheld using the Velvia mode and it creates a large sized JPEG - I have downsized it dramatically to fit on here. I am impressed with the results and if done correctly with tripod and time I am sure it would be better.

Watermark_Panoramic.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The full sized image is nice and sharp - there is a faint hint of banding though but I think that was my use rather than the camera!

Hi Mal,

I used it at the default setting - not sure which that is (sorry, didn't pay enough attention to that when I took the shot).

Must give it another go sometime - any suggestions / guidance will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ian

I note no staggering especially in the ripples on the water - a pretty difficult subject. So very nicely done Ian....with a little credit to the X100 of course. (y)

Ian...

I don't have an x100 myself, but I've read the manual and blogs... it's tempting me something chronic...lol.

I have seen many panoramic stitches before, both in camera and post camera... subtle sky tones of differing exposures often don't marry up... but that looks to be about right. VERY IMPRESSED !!!

Ian...

I don't have an x100 myself, but I've read the manual and blogs... it's tempting me something chronic...lol.

I have seen many panoramic stitches before, both in camera and post camera... subtle sky tones of differing exposures often don't marry up... but that looks to be about right. VERY IMPRESSED !!!
Great time to be chronic over the X100 Mal. Not a year old yet and I predict many will be hitting the market soon with the release of the Fuji XP1 system (and maybe some small impact with the G1X). I've seen them used now for the $700-800 mark here in Australia and I reckon another 10-20% drop will be warranted just with the sheer numbers and urgency of folks to free up funds for the pre-orders.

Yeah I know.... been seeing them on ebay (uk) for around £600... and can buy new for £750+

But a new concept camera as good as this often has bugs in the first year... and this has proved to be the case.... may look at the black if issues have been resolved... but tempted to jump right into the Pro... especially with that 60mm Macro lens...

I suspect that like myself, a lot of people are interested in the X-Pro1 however as expected there are the presumers / dissenters who are rife and already complaining about AF etc.

I will wait for the "Real thing" and some user reviews before making a more informed decision, I am however dissapointed that it requires Dioptre lenses as an accessory item but do understand the reason why, as long as Fuji offer them at a sensible price way below Leica pricing I will be happy.

I did recently get rid of my Leica M8.2 for 3 main reasons:
1. IQ above 640 ISO was not good
2. LCD issues "Coffee stain syndrome" - 1 replacement and within 6 months signs of it returning
3. Dioptre lens prices were horrendous even from 3rd parties

I have been a long time Leica M user since my days as a PJ and the M8.2 was my first digital M, build was up to Leica standards but the IQ / performance / issues / service left a lot to be desired so decided to part company and invested in X100 - superb camera that leaves the M8.2 standing as regards IQ especially at high ISO and the built in dioptre control is brilliant - it has it's little idiosynchrosies but they are better than those of the Leica.

The short of it - No regrets and if the X-Pro1 proves better than the X100 in every way, it may just be on my wish list - time will tell.

Ian, this is a gorgeous image!! What a great place! Do you have it on your photo site in a larger version...she asks before she looks.:redface:

Thanks also for reminding me about the diopter issue... I am not even familiar with such add ons..so I shall remain very happy with my X100 and its more diminutive sibling the X10.;)

BBW, yes there is a larger version on my 571 blogsite that is dedicated to X100 images. I have downsized it again from the full sized image but still pleased with it as a first attempt.

I might try this one again using a tripod........later in the year though!

Back