battery charger green light

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Luke, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Luke

Luke FujiXspot Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I went to put a battery into my charger and the green light went on to signify that was charging......but it wasn't plugged into the wall. Is there something wrong with that charger? Should I trust it or might I burn my house down? I'll accept informed opinions and wild guesses....just let me know which you are submitting.

2. romi.gilles

romi.gilles FujiXspot Top Veteran

May 17, 2013
    back in Crooklyn
    sounds like risidual power in the capacitors? idk anything about how dangerous it is or not. time for a new, smaller charger.

(Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk)

3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    Hmm, could it have been "back feeding" from the battery which already had a charge? I have no idea if this is a based in reality suggestion, Luke....and let's note that I'm someone who doesn't leave the clothes dryer on in my house if I need to go out!

4. entropic remnants

entropic remnants Solving for X

Jul 28, 2013
    I have no ideas other than the aforementioned theories. I had to go into work today...drat it. Anyway I'll see what mine does when I get home. Is this the charger for the X100 style battery? That's all I have.

5. Luke

Luke FujiXspot Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    yup...it's the BC-65N charger

6. entropic remnants

entropic remnants Solving for X

Jul 28, 2013
    Okay, Luke, finally had a go at this and I can't reproduce that issue with mine and I've tried it a couple of different ways.

• I unplugged the charger, waited a bit and put the battery in it. No green light.
    • I tried the same thing after just unplugging it, same deal.
    • Finally, I put the battery on charge and pulled the power cord and the green light went out instantly as near as makes no difference.
    Unless they just changed the design somewhere along the way, I think I'd be suspicious of that charger of yours.

7. Peter Chin

Peter Chin FujiXspot Regular

Feb 2, 2013
    My charger i believe has bitten the dust, green ligth stays on forever or sometimes after pulling and reinstalling the battery, it will after a few hours start blinking signifying a "bad battery" so i finally cracked open the X 100s box and using that charger and see how it goes from there...bad batteries or bad charger will find out in a few hours.
    Will make the call to Fujifilm service see if they will replace the charger or if i'm getting a third party version off ebay :p

Maybe i'll just finally take the X 100 in for sensor servicing and use the X 100s :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Peter Chin

Peter Chin FujiXspot Regular

Feb 2, 2013
    Okay got back from my daily errands and can confirm as with the few others that i've read about online, it is the charger itself...so i'm going to see if i can get a free replacement and also FINALLY take in my X-100 in for repair/replacememnt of the sensor showing RGB vertical lines which most likley happened after i tossed my X 100 awhile ago so i'm not expecting any warranty coverage there...at the same time i'm also FINALLY unpacking my X-100s for duty and will retire the X-100 after repairs to the garage with the other retirees...i might need a bigger garage soon :p

• Like Like x 1
  9. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    Let us know how things work out, Peter.

Beware the "bigger garage" idea...the bigger the more "stuff"... I know from whence I speak as I a married to a carpenter.:wink_old: