Best way to support the X-Pert?

Discussion in 'Coffee with Rico Pfirstinger, Fuji X-Pert' started by jloden, Mar 22, 2014.

1. jloden

jloden FujiXspot Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Rico,

Hope you don't mind my posting this as a public thread but I thought it would be worth sharing with the forum.

As most people here already know, you are a huge resource for our Fuji user community not just with your reviews, X-Pert Corner posts, and your X-system camera books, but also with your constant willingness to share your hard-earned knowledge here on the forum. I know doing all this is a substantial investment of time and effort. What I'd like to know is how can we best & most effectively support you?

Buying your books? Purchasing through affiliate links? Is there somewhere we can donate?

• Like Like x 2
  2. ean10775

ean10775 FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    Eric
    +1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    You are too kind. :)

I don't earn a dime with affiliate shop links, so while you can and should certainly use them to support a website you like, it's no way to support what I do.

Sadly, the only way is indeed buying plenty of my (e)books and promoting the overall success of the X-series. The more people use the cameras, the more can also use a good camera (e)book.

That said, I'd still make a loss even if I sold 10 times as many books. However, I already sold more X-Pro1 books in Germany than Fuji sold X-Pro1 cameras in Germany (yes, really!), so there is some kind of "market saturation" here. ;) Basically, I am the most successful camera book author in the known universe if you just look at the "conversion rate". However, I am at the same the least successful of all if you look at absolute numbers and compare my efforts/investments to eventual returns. Bummer.

Of course, if I charged 100 bucks per eBook, we could make it work. But you wouldn't want that, would you? ;)

All this basically means that I should concentrate on cameras that sell. There's a reason why everybody is writing books on the X100(S): it's much more popular than X-Mount cameras. So I'll definitely have an eye on Fuji's next big fixed-lens camera.

• Like Like x 2
  4. jloden

jloden FujiXspot Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    LOL. That's pretty strange, guess people find your book fascinating reading even if they don't own the camera, haha.

Well I never did get an X-E2 so I'll have to wait for an X-T1 book or something from you next I guess. In the meantime, sounds like you need to set up a donate link! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  5. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    Or get a real job! :)

The X-E2 ebook will also work for X-T1 users, btw.

• Like Like x 2
  6. sneaky77

sneaky77 New to FujiXspot

Feb 11, 2014
    I purchased the xe1/xpro book for my xe2 and I am waiting on the xe2 book which I believe I already pre-ordered from amazon

• Like Like x 1
  7. Delphititan

Delphititan FujiXspot Rookie

Feb 12, 2014
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Dan Ferrall
    Can you post a link please to Amazon's book(s)?

8. Delphititan

Delphititan FujiXspot Rookie

Feb 12, 2014
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Dan Ferrall
    Just bought it through your link. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bashar

Bashar FujiXspot Rookie

Apr 1, 2013
    Looking forward for the ebook, that explains why rocknotsowell is overly excited reviewing every canikon entry camera!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  10. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    On request of a few German forum users, I started to setup a Fuji X Secrets workshop here in Germany. The first 2 dates sold out within a few hours each, so I'll do some more. I'll also try to set up a few dates in Santa Barbara this fall/winter, probably end of November and early December.

• Like Like x 2