Bike in Christmas Parade

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by KillRamsey, Dec 6, 2016.

1. KillRamsey

KillRamsey Super Moderator

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    The Mrs registered her business as a float in the local christmas parade on Friday. I rigged a small christmas tree in the electric cargo bike, the girl and the pug (+ sweater and antlers) rode in it, and I trotted alongside with a camera.

In the garage, ready to go
    31426605016_103d3e83e3_c. KBRX6136 by gordopuggy, on Flickr

31426600746_dcbc3897d3_b. KBRX6161 by gordopuggy, on Flickr

31318066772_901e09a217_b. KBRX6173 by gordopuggy, on Flickr

31426602486_26de81c9bf_b. KBRX6196 by gordopuggy, on Flickr

31463959935_c098143fe7_b. KBRX6251 by gordopuggy, on Flickr

30655427673_783bdcf860_b. KBRX6263 by gordopuggy, on Flickr

In a basket on the back rack, we also had a hot thermos dispensor with two sides: Hot Chocolate, and hot glug (mulled red wine and booze, very tasty). Many kids and adults enjoyed their respective beverages. "Come chug some glug with a pug!"

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
  2. Luke

Luke FujiXspot Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    pass the glug, please. Great shots, as always.

Love Gordo's expression in the first!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Iansky

Iansky FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    Brilliant and love the Pug addition.

4. KillRamsey

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    I am being tolerated, there.

5. spinyman

spinyman FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Valley Center,CA.
    Just too cute.
    I barely got out of PDX last night a day late due to the ice storm.we got a little snow on the coast. You must have seen quite a bit of it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. rixpix

rixpix FujiXspot Rookie

Jul 23, 2014
    Northern NJ
    Rick
    My son had a connection in PDX Thursday night that got cancelled and wound up having to stay overnight. He was able to get out 6 AM Friday. Soon I'll be posting a few shots I took while he was back east.

The pug definitely steals the show !

• Like Like x 1
  7. Matero

Matero FujiXspot Regular

Jan 28, 2014
    Helsinki, Finland
    I was rescued today in a chilly Christmas market by a hot mug of glug.

Although I've always thought it's spelled: glogg or glugg. Anyway we write it "glögi" here in Finland and drink it few bottles when waiting Christmas to show up :2thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  8. KillRamsey

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    I think it's been bastardized here into several spellings. The Mrs makes it with red wine, whisky, brandy, cloves, orange peel, and a few other things, boiled down a little.

We wound up with over a foot of snow here, and since then it's rained a little and melted more than halfway. I hear the temps are about to go below freezing for 4-5 days straight, and we might get another 6 inches later this week. I hope we do - sledding down our street was fun! Speaking of, did I post those photos...?

• Like Like x 1
  9. TonyTurley

TonyTurley FujiXspot Top Veteran

May 2, 2016
    Tony
    So far we've only seen flurries. I'm hoping to get Project Beastie Bike out in the boonies this weekend to ride a secluded rail trail along one of our scenic creeks. Our winters are strange; a couple of years ago, the weather guy said we'd had the least amount of snow ever recorded here for a winter with just a few days to go in January. By the end of February, we had the most amount of snow ever recorded for a winter season here. Tells you what that month was like!

• Like Like x 1
  10. KillRamsey

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    That sounds like The Big Winter Boston had, what, last year? Late January there was barely a flake on the ground, and even a good bit of mud. And then Mother Nature hit the old gas pedal, and we broke the all-time snowfall record for an entire season, in like 45 days.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1