Bondi Beach.......wtf.........!

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by petach, Aug 15, 2013.

1. petach

petach FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 16, 2013
  2. Phoenix

Phoenix Ronin-13 Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix
    Hahaha!

Now that's irony, if you we're looking at the photo slowly from top to bottom, you would probably get drawn in by the contrast of the intense blue and the subdued cream......then suddenly...........a bloke laying on the sand....reading a book..........with his legs spread in front of the lifeguard look out. Somehow when lifeguards say that they're looking out things they can offer their assistance to, I doubt that this is what they had in mind.

3. Richard

Richard FujiXspot Regular

Feb 1, 2013
    Marlow, UK
    Because that white lookout platform is such a strong visual element, I think the eye is always going to be drawn there first, after which you probably take in the blue sea and the runner in the background. And then it's YOINK! down to the bottom left corner for the punchline of the vigilant lifeguard.

Good fun image.

-R

4. Luke

Luke FujiXspot Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    well played, Pete. The fact that I needed to scroll down only makes it better (or worse....LOL)

5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    Very funny, Pete! Love that intense blue...the simplicity and then the unbelievable punch line.:biggrin_old:

6. entropic remnants

entropic remnants Solving for X

Jul 28, 2013
    You know that overweight guy in the speedo is a serious "chick magnet"... yessiree... that red cap just completes his fashion statement. I'm in awe. I must imitate that look and as I'm already overweight I'm part way there.

7. jloden

jloden FujiXspot Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Hahahah!

The funniest part about this to me is my wife and her best friend from college have a running joke about how to make sure your legs get properly tanned, and needing to prop them up in the air so they get full sun exposure. Looks like they're not the only ones with this unusual theory :rofl:

8. Isoterica

Isoterica FujiXspot Regular

Feb 10, 2013
    We walked along the shoreline from Coogee beach when we were there early 2012, turned back before we made it to Bondi. I think... :D ...I am glad! Funny shot!