Disk space remaining

Herman

The Image Stimulator
Name
Herman
Hi, I'm running out of my disk space remaining, 250kB is left.
I don't wanna delete any uploaded photo(s).
Any suggestions?

Maybe I got to buy another camera and move to another forum?
Nikon mirrorless got my attention!

Do you mean on your PC/Mac or up here on the SC site?

If the former - get yourself another hard-drive. Got a 750Gb USB plug-in portable for about $100
If the latter - post on Flickr and just paste the BBCode in your nominated thread. My experience is that you'll actually get more feedback and exposure via Flickr. Hey if you can tolerate the ads then it's free!

The SC space remaining is too less right now. I tried to upload a new picture but did not succeed. I have to delete previous uploaded images. And that I don't wanna do. I will upload to DPreview.

I actually this problem on my hard drive. It is forcing me to delete all my crappy pictures :eek: Eventually, I'll upgrade the drive to 750 GBs. Performance of the machine (Macbook Pro) is being impacted by not having enough free disk space.

I think what Herman means is that he has run out of space here on Serious Compacts - not on his computer. Am I correct Herman?

This is one of the reasons having a Flickr account or some other web hosting site so as to be able to embed directly is a very handy thing. https://www.photographerslounge.org/f17/how-post-images-forum-threads-45/

We do have limited Gallery space, as discussed https://www.photographerslounge.org/f17/serious-compacts-gallery-faq-46/:

Do you prefer that I host images in the SeriousCompacts.com Gallery or at ______?
That is completely up to you. We want our Gallery to be a showcase of member photography, so please make use of it! However, our resources are finite, so it makes sense to use outside hosting if your needs exceed what we can provide.

Each member has 100MB allotted space in the Gallery. Site supporters (donors) get 500MB. These amounts are subject to change depending on our resources. If we downsize, you may lose images, so do not use our Gallery as your only place to store images!!!

Zenfolio is 50 a year and is what I use.

Microsoft gives you 25Gb of space for free and works very well for hosting pictures and embedding them too. Check out Microsoft Sky Drive.

Zenfolio is 50 a year and is what I use.

Microsoft gives you 25Gb of space for free and works very well for hosting pictures and embedding them too. Check out Microsoft Sky Drive.

I didnt realise you could embed from Sky Drive. I have two live.com accounts, 50G between them, could be very useful. I don't think I'll be renewing my flickr account next year.

Another place I use frequently is ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting. Accounts are free, and so far I have not found a limit to how many shots I can have but no doubt there is one. Imageshack gives a bazillion ways to embed, from linking to the actual shot page, to the shot itself, to thumbnails of the shot linking it, to links for forums, email etc. Its very flexible and is designed purely for hosting pix to display elsewhere, it is not really intended as a gallery site in and of itself, although it could be used that way. I tend to use it for stuff I don't necessarily think is flickr worthy.

Back