Cars, trucks and things that go!

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by BBW, Feb 12, 2013.

1. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    I know there are quite a few classic car lovers here, as well as those who feel the same way about motorcycles, trucks and more...

Here's one I took last August with my handy X10 from a small classic car show in Kent, Connecticut.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/otra/7826729226/" title="8-12-8-Edit.jpg by BBW: BB Wylie Walden, on Flickr"> 7826729226_f31f9caf02_b. "1024" height="678" alt="8-12-8-Edit.jpg"></a>

Please add your own of any genre that fits the thread!:cool:

P.S. I just noticed Tdp's thread on "Two Wheels" so I've amended this thread a bit so as not to usurp that one.:blush:

• Like Like x 5
  2. Tdp

Tdp Guest

I'm afraid I could fill up this post :)

3. BBW

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    Tdp, love the color tones in your Hello Kitty bus image, as well as the fact that the riders are so oblivious to what's going on outside. Very nicely seen! I like to color hues in both very much.

P.S. No problem - fill her up! Just saw your Mini - which of course I love. You may not know that I'm a MINI cultist.:drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tdp

Tdp Guest

I had a 2007 Cooper S for a while, before moving overseas. Lovely car. I was this close ----><---- to buying a car that cost about 3 times as much then I test drove the Mini and loved it.

Now my 4 wheel adventures are over now, the only car I have is company provided and about as exciting as plain oatmeal.

5. BBW

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    I'm sure you do miss your S. All MINIs are loads of fun!

Well, one way to think about it is to think of all the insurance money your saving, Tdp. Down the line you never know what you'll end up with. I know there is at least one other person here who has a MINI, and she loves to photograph classic cars, as well.

6. BBW

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/otra/6151117917/" title="9-11-5-Edit.jpg by BBW: BB Wylie Walden, on Flickr"> 6151117917_c2341a234f_b. "1024" height="680" alt="9-11-5-Edit.jpg"></a>

A more modern classic with the X100.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Tdp

Tdp Guest

8. melonbread

melonbread FujiXspot Regular

Feb 10, 2013
    Melbourne
    Some oldies but goodies - from the Mercedez Benz Museum in Stuttgart :)

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/patchesofcolour/8471269574/" title="Mercedez Benz Museum by patchesofcolour, on Flickr"> View attachment 9678 "1200" alt="Mercedez Benz Museum"></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/patchesofcolour/8471285578/" title="Mercedez Benz by patchesofcolour, on Flickr"> View attachment 9679 "1200" alt="Mercedez Benz"></a>

• Like Like x 3
  9. capodave

capodave FujiXspot Veteran

Jan 31, 2013
    Mission Viejo CA
    Dave Kavlich
    8014318993_2110dced22_b.
    Woodie by CapoDave, on Flickr

I love cars but usually not happy with the way I photograph them.
    One of my first snaps with my X100.

• Like Like x 3
  10. RT_Panther

RT_Panther FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 2, 2013
    Texas
  11. RT_Panther

RT_Panther FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 2, 2013
    Texas
    Okay now I'm officially jealous - I would LOVE to go to that museum! :cool_new:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Tdp

Tdp Guest

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. FujiXspot Veteran

Jan 31, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM
    I'm not really good at this sort ot thing, but I do love old cars. Took this shot with the X10 and had to stop down because of the shutter speed quirk and having no ND filter. (The pro photo trick so soften the background would not work in this instance -- subject too far away???) Anyway, like I said I love old cars, in any kind of shape; this one obviously needs some work. But it's still beautiful.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. BBW

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    What do you mean you're "not good at this sort of thing"? Lawrence, she's a beauty even with her "rust shadow" and I like the way you framed her with that grill right up in our face and the way she's being held back by the fence shadow...as well as the repetition of lines throughout. Very, very nice!

Here's an old one of mine with my X100.

5850557236_a3cef860eb_b.
    6-11-67.jpg by BBW: BB Wylie Walden, on Flickr

• Like Like x 2
  15. BBW

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    • Like Like x 1
  16. EBC Wilson

EBC Wilson FujiXspot Regular

Feb 20, 2013
    I once owned a Beetle convertible exactly like that one: Not the greatest driving car, but with the top down on the right day, it was the World's Greatest Motorized Lawn Chair !

I was looking for a pink Cadillac, but this was close:
    DSCF2324. DSCF2326. DSCF2332.

• Like Like x 2
  17. spinyman

spinyman FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Valley Center,CA.
    • Like Like x 5
  18. BBW

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    EBC, I never had a convertible but I did have two Bugs - and they carried me through rain, sleet, snow, ice - and occasional sunshine between NY and Ohio for four formative years - and I lived to tell about it!:friends: That's a nice coral colored Thunderbird! I do always wonder how people that own these pristine cars keep them that way - definitely need to click on those photos of yours to see them in their larger splendor.

I do too - especially older ones with lots of chrome!:biggrin_old: Very nice shots, spinyman!