Cheltenham with the X100s

Discussion in 'Street and Documentary' started by Iansky, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Iansky

Iansky FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    We were in Cheltenham this afternoon and for a change I had the Fuji X100s with me, I had forgotten just how much this camera reminds me of the Leica rangefinders I used when working as a PJ, the size is very similar and with the 35mm equivalent lens reminds me of shooting street in Berlin during my 11 yrs working there as a Photojournalist.

Note to self - use the X100s more!

The last image is of George who I spotted sat with an original Speed Graphic 4x5" view / field camera fitted with a 6x9 roll film back........ classic machine that I used myself years ago and the Toyo Graphic who purchased Speed Graphic and evolved it even more.

ILGG9038-FrameShop.

ILGG9039-FrameShop.

ILGG9040-FrameShop.

ILGG9041-FrameShop.

ILGG9043-FrameShop.

ILGG9045-FrameShop.

ILGG9046-FrameShop.

ILGG9048-FrameShop.

ILGG9049-FrameShop.

ILGG9051-FrameShop.

• Like Like x 9
  2. TonyTurley

TonyTurley FujiXspot Top Veteran

May 2, 2016
    Tony
    That's one heck of a walkabout camera!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Iansky

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    My thoughts and as you can see he has a Vivitar 283 attached for fill flash, not sure how many images he took with it but would like to see the results - I did give him my contact details so that I can send him a copy of his photo so will ask hime when / if he gets in touch - nice person to talk to.

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  4. ReneBee

ReneBee FujiXspot Regular

Oct 20, 2013
    Nieuwegein, The Netherlands
    René
    Ian, you prove over and over again that you make superb photos, no matter what gear is in front of your eye.
    Another beautiful set.
    René.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Iansky

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    Thank you ReneBee for your kind words, to me photography is therapy for the daily challenges and allows me to observe the world / people around me through the camera and capture those images that put life in perspective.

6. TonyTurley

May 2, 2016
    Tony
    I agree with ReneBee on the quality of Ian's work, and I agree with Ian regarding the therapeutic affect of photography. It seems the observing and recording of the world I encounter is a huge part of who I am.

• Like Like x 1
  7. unstable_rider

unstable_rider FujiXspot Regular

Apr 2, 2017
    USA Minnesota
    Paul
    Nice shots!
    I suddenly want to go to DISCOUNT TOOLS!
    Looks like a fun place. I think the Fuji X100 series is pretty incapable of taking any bad images.

;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. TonyTurley

May 2, 2016
    Tony
    That's funny Paul. My first thought when I saw the Discount Tools image was that I'd like to spend some time rummaging around in there. Great minds think alike.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. unstable_rider

unstable_rider FujiXspot Regular

Apr 2, 2017
    USA Minnesota
    Paul
    Gotta be something in that store I can't live without!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Iansky

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    It is a minefield and as you have said, there is always something in there you think you need (yet never use), settled for just grabbing a photo from the outside and not venturing into the pit of doom!
    Great to see shops like this still exist though.

11. Britanica

Britanica FujiXspot Veteran

Sep 22, 2016
    Britanica
    Another good set... You know what I would love to see? Get pictures of people on the street with their faces glued to their phones! I noticed you get a few here and there but those always make me laugh because they don't even know they are getting their pictures taken. Just so oblivious to the world! hehe :D

12. Iansky

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    Thanks Britanica, I know what you mean about people on their phones, I do take some if they are in an unusual pose or the circumstances make it work but it is almost every other person who is oblivious - we have become a world desensitized to our surroundings due to our focus on technology.