Clevedon and Portishead

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Iansky, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Iansky

Iansky FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    We decided to get out and head for the coast yesterday, we headed over to Clevedon near Bristol and then afterwards drive home via Portishead.

It was yet another grey and overcast day with totally flat lighting so difficult to get images with broad dynamic range, even so the Fuji with the two lenses I took delivered images I am happy with.

Apologies for an image heavy post.

DSCF2447-FrameShop.

DSCF2449-FrameShop.

DSCF2452-FrameShop.

DSCF2458-FrameShop.

DSCF2459-FrameShop.

DSCF2464-FrameShop.

DSCF2465-FrameShop.

DSCF2486-FrameShop.

DSCF2488-FrameShop.

DSCF2491-FrameShop.

DSCF2506-FrameShop.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. BobbyT

BobbyT Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 31, 2013
    Louisville, Ky
    Bobby Tingle
    Nice set.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Iansky

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    Thanks Bobby, not the best of weather but a good challenge for the superb Fuji sensor.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Britanica

Britanica FujiXspot Veteran

Sep 22, 2016
    Britanica
    Well done! The second to last photo is really nice. It is detailed but in a way that almost makes it look like a painting :)

5. Iansky

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    Thanks Britanica, it was that hazy effect you often get on a flat grey day with moisture in the air, it had an almost timeless feel to it.

6. TonyTurley

TonyTurley FujiXspot Top Veteran

May 2, 2016
    Tony
    Did you ever photograph for a living? Your photos are always crisp and colorful, no matter which camera and lens you're using.

7. Iansky

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    Hi Tony, yes I worked for the US Government in West Berlin as their Visual Information Officer in charge of a team of photographers with our own top of the range studio and labs, we photographed using all formats from 10x8, 5x4, 6x7,6x6 and 35mm - we captured aerial work, Presidential visits, military events and even the spy exchange of Anatoly Shcharansky in 1986 (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/d...in/articles/Berlins-real-Bridge-of-Spies/)and the fall of the Berlin Wall, I returned to UK in 1991 and continued in photography for another 11yrs before leaving the profession so I could have a home life and a career that let me get home each night - I now use my photography as a means of relaxation, therapy and keeping my eye in.

Apologies for the long explanation but I consider myself very lucky to have had the photographic experiences I have been presented with.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. TonyTurley

TonyTurley FujiXspot Top Veteran

May 2, 2016
    Tony
    No apology necessary. I find such stories fascinating. You have a wealth of experience most of us can only dream of.

9. Iansky

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    Thanks Tony for being so understanding, yes it was a job I still have to pinch myself to realise it happened - pick up phone, make call and 20 min later picked up by helicopter from area in front of building to go and shoot aerial work.........all for free and paid well to do it.

• Wow Wow x 1