Sony New NEX-C3

promising

I don't think i would be buying this one, but it is great to see that Sony is continuing the line. The NEX-C3 is a bit better than the current layout, slightly higher MP and HD, but is that enough to justify an upgrade?

I am more excited about the NEX-7. I would wait to see what that will hold and then make a decision. I think this is where serious changes might occur.

As for me, I am content with my current NEX-3. Works great for me and what I need.

From another link on the rumors page:

Lenses

16-50mm for Alpha mount (already mentioned inside the A77 specs)
500mm Sony G lens (to be announced along the Sony A77)
200mm f/2.0 (no release date yet)
55-200mm E-mount lens (late May)
24mm f/1.7 Zeiss E-mount lens (probably coming in late May) - YAY!!!!!
A total of 4-5 Zeiss lenses will be announced within 2011 (I am working to find out the definitive specs)

Hmm, well if it beats the Fuji X100 to get to my door...I just may have to rethink.

Seriously - I've no doubt that it's going to be a really nice camera. Perhaps I can have more than one camera at a time, after all.

Hmm, well if it beats the Fuji X100 to get to my door...I just may have to rethink.

Seriously - I've no doubt that it's going to be a really nice camera. Perhaps I can have more than one camera at a time, after all.

I don't see any need for another Nex just because of higher resolution and maybe a viewfinder of some sort. I'm really happy with the Nex 5. But I'm still psyched about the 24mm Zeiss. Despite having the X100 I'm still gonna be relying on the Nex for most people-shooting and that lens at f1.7is likely to be pretty awesome on that camera, even if its almost as large as the kit lens. I thought the X100 and the Zeiss were gonna be an either/or proposition, but now I don't think so. I'll be surprised if the Nex 7 does any tricks I really need it to do. Unless they really raise their game to GH2 levels on AF, I don't see one in my future...

-Ray

Is the sensor in the Nex-C3 an existing sensor used in a current Sony model or is it a brand new sensor? If it is the former what does that tell us about the benefits of the new sensor compared to one in the current Nex lineup?

Now that is a good question isn't it? Im hoping for some minor improvements that could be done with firmware upgrades.
The new Nex cameras should have big improvements over the current ones. Time will tell but I'm very optimistic.

Is the sensor in the Nex-C3 an existing sensor used in a current Sony model or is it a brand new sensor? If it is the former what does that tell us about the benefits of the new sensor compared to one in the current Nex lineup?

I believe the speculation is that it will use the 16MP sensor from the A580/A55 (and Pentax K% and Nikon D5100/D7000). It is better than the current sensor but not by a huge amount.

I tell you Don, you have a very powerful ability to sell a camera that you use and they way you talk about the Nex cameras has me itching for one. :) I've been wanting a Nex ever since I've felt hampered by the high ISO ability of my GF-1 and I continue to want something to use my pair of Zeiss C/Y lenses (28 and 50) with. I think those two lenses would work awfully well on a Nex body. To tell you the truth though, I don't know if the question I asked was designed to convince myself to wait just a bit longer or if I'm trying to talk myself into pulling the trigger now.

I've often been suspicious of Don as a SONY mole.... But don't think he's brand specific;)...it's just his love of what works for him that comes bursting out.

Keep us in the loop, Travis!:D

I've often been suspicious of Don as a SONY mole.... But don't think he's brand specific;)...it's just his love of what works for him that comes bursting out.

Keep us in the loop, Travis!:D

No, he's not brand specific. He used to talk about his GF-1 they way he now talks about his Nex. He just loves his cameras. Heck, I think I saw on another thread that he actually names them. Wild!

See Travis it's like this....
I'm out making photos.... I miss the timing... It's easier to say...
Walker, what the heck is going on?
Or...X100, What the heck is going on?

Of course it's never my fault that way....

The other thing is....
I don't think of my cameras as tools. I think of them as extensions of my vision. So, naming them keeps me in an artistic mood vrs a mood like work.
Even tho' photography is work, it's by choice and not by force for me.
It keeps the process more personal.

I'm nuts I know but it works for me.

Back