Corporates

Discussion in 'Portrait' started by Lightmancer, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    • Like Like x 2
  2. the Tif

the Tif FujiXspot Rookie

Mar 9, 2013
    Germany
    Tim F.
    I like them, but on my (non calibrated) screen the shadows look a lil bit dark, especially in the first Picture. The first and the last one, i would trimm a bit on the right side, so the window frame isnt in the pictures (mainly because its not really straight).
    Is the Background there view at work? Its a great Background for those portraits!

• Like Like x 1
  3. AlbertInFrance

AlbertInFrance FujiXspot Regular

Feb 11, 2013
    Morbihan, France
    Sorry, but I don't like them. The faces are mostly in shadow, lacking any modelling. I get the feeling that they were all shot in a corner office, relying on window light. I'm not keen on the cropping/framing either, and the perspective is a bit steep.

I'm sorry to sound so negative. With a carefully placed off-camera flash, probably with a soft box or a brollie, you should have been able to get more out of the subjects.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ean10775

ean10775 FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    Eric
    Is it me or does the first photo look like a screen cap from Law & Order (Sam Waterston and Angie Harmon)?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Great feedback, thank you guys. They are shot by windowlight - one of the challenges was to avoid myself appearing in the reflection, and another to keep depth of focus shallow enough to take attention from the dirty glass. They are to illustrate a magazine article and needed to leave room for text. There are more examples from the set on Flickr - I chose these to post here because I wanted some constructive and considered input - hence my gratitude. I actually wanted to do the shoot in mono but I had to go with the "house style" ;)

Sent from another Galaxy