Couldn't do it ...

Discussion in 'Fuji X10, X20, X30, XF1, and X-S1' started by carlb, Mar 20, 2013.

1. carlb

carlb FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 6, 2013
    twin cities, minnesota
    Carl
    Aren't those thread titles like this one annoying? I find myself clicking on them even though I don't want to. My sincere apologies. ;)

Well, the distributor who's sending me the X20 wrote back - they don't have the silver, but they could ship out black right away. Silver is next week. Dang!

Couldn't do it. Had my mind made up for silver. Had a similar experience with the Oly E-M5: took the black because I could get it right away rather than wait. Still would prefer that camera in silver, but it's black. I know that would be the same for the X20.

So, I'll wait for a bit. Oh, heck.

• Like Like x 2
  2. shuffle

shuffle New to FujiXspot

Mar 9, 2013
    My local store on Vancouver Island called me this afternoon to say that the X20 I had pre-ordered last month had arrived; except it wasn't black, it was silver.

I thought about it, but I couldn't do it either.

So I'm waiting too!

And you're right about teaser titles being annoying as well!

Chris

• Like Like x 1
  3. speedandstyle

speedandstyle FujiXspot Regular

I don't know why they do that! Very often the basic black model comes out and then later the silver{other color}. I also don't get the difference in pricing that sometimes occurs. I know that you can easily pick up an E-M5 for $50-$100 less than a silver one.

4. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Near Philadephila
    I have a silver OMD, my brother in law has a black one. Both were very present and out a lot at our family's Thanksgiving weekend in November. Seeing them back to back, he preferred the silver one, as did the other 4-5 people conscious enough of the cameras to mention it. Maybe that's why the black one is selling for a bit less? It's not a make or break deal, but waiting a week for a camera that looks right to you isn't long unless you're leaving for a trip or event you wanted it for right NOW...

I personally have a strong preference for the OMD in silver - the black one had too much of a Darth Vader look to me. But the X20 looks just fine to me either way.

-Ray

5. Nic

Nic FujiXspot Regular

Feb 5, 2013
    Brisbane, Australia
    Yep, that's what I call him.

6. pniev

pniev Guest

It is good to be able to resist the immediate satisfaction... The marshmallow test showed that.
    Does that help? (I'm afraid not). BTW: do you still need a number for customs?

7. carlb

carlb FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 6, 2013
    twin cities, minnesota
    Carl
    Fuji tech support was able to answer my questions. Cameras don't have an FCC number, but they do need to be part 15 compliant, which of course the X20 is. I just need to figure out how to answer as such on a form that's wonderfully terse.

The "marshmallow test," yes - depending on just how much my inner-five-year-old is rampant I might stuff all the marshmallows in my mouth now, or *maybe* I can wait a bit longer to get that pie too. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. pniev

pniev Guest

:cool:

9. Luke

Luke FujiXspot Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    you're doing the right thing by waiting, although that is negated by your having done the wrong thing with your thread title.:dash2:

• Like Like x 1
  10. zapatista

zapatista FujiXspot Regular

Feb 6, 2013
    Denver
    Mike
    There tends to be a but of a premium for the silver XE-1 as well.

11. carlb

carlb FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 6, 2013
    twin cities, minnesota
    Carl
    Probably prescience-karma! Something bad happening because of what I was *gonna* do. Shoot, I gotta take a page from "My Name is Earl!" Hmmm. 'Carl' is just one letter away from 'Earl' ...