Dipping my toe back in the water . . .

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by TonyTurley, Dec 3, 2016.

1. TonyTurley

TonyTurley FujiXspot Top Veteran

May 2, 2016
    Tony
    Over the past year, while some of you have been snapping up the X-T2s and X-Pro2s, I sold off all of my Fuji gear except the X30. Great little camera, great IQ for its sensor size, and really convenient as a grab-and-go imaging device. However, I still sort of regretted selling my APS-C Fujis. Looking back over my archives, it seems the best IQ I got from my earlier Fujis was the X-E1. I've been debating this for quite a while, but this week I found a gently used X-E1 with a hand grip for a very nice price, so it's on its way to me. I don't intend to give up my OM-D E-M5 and 17mm/1.8, but I do plan to have some fun with my X-E1 and a Minolta 28mm/2.8 I had sitting around. I forgot to stick it in the box when I donated a bunch of camera gear to the thrift store, so might as well make use of it. Already have the XF adapter. Stay tuned.

• Like Like x 3
  2. porchard

porchard FujiXspot Regular

Feb 3, 2013
    Devon, UK
    My x-E1 still delivers excellent IQ - despite being positively ancient by 'gear-head' standards! ;)
    Just one of the reasons that it's so good to have left that mug's game far behind... :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. Blythe

Blythe Guest

I had an X-Pro1 with 18-135, 18mm, and 27mm lenses. I sold it and went back to Nikon. After around 6 months of frustration with Nikon results, lens choices, and carrying the (by then) silly amount of weight, I sold up and got a used XT1, 35mm, 14mm, and Zeiss 50mm for macro. Do not regret decision one bit. Have now replaced the 14mm with the 16-55mm f2.8 which saves trying to balance on one leg in water, in the middle of the Scottish highlands, in a gale, trying to change lenses without dropping anything. Jury still out on that decision (weight increased but so did convenience of use, distortion increased, but then autocorrect is a blessing in LR).

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Mike G

Mike G FujiXspot Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Oct 7, 2016
    London
    Mike Gorman
    The trouble is there's never another photographer around when ya want one is there. :th_salute:

• Funny Funny x 1