Double exposures & weddings

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by les-star, Mar 2, 2014.

1. les-star

les-star FujiXspot Regular

Aug 2, 2013
    I recently did a destination wedding and thought it would be fun playing around with some double exposures when extra time presented itself. Definitely fun taking them especially with the X system. I plan on dedicating a whole week or month on strictly taking double exposure shots. Should be a challenging project.
    Below are some double exposure shots and some off camera lighting shots using a Yongnuo 580 ii manual flash along with cybersync trigger.

Please post some of your double exposure work to see what funky stuff everyone else is doing.

Thanks

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 10
  2. BobbyT

BobbyT Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 31, 2013
    Louisville, Ky
    Bobby Tingle
    These are fantastic.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Near Philadephila
    Great work! I like most of them, but LOVE the last, which I wouldn't even know was a double exposure if not told. I haven't played around with double exposures since I was a kid with a film camera and then I tended to do it in the darkroom rather than in camera. Maybe these will inspire me to give it another shot (NPI)...

-Ray

4. Iansky

Iansky FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    Very interesting, I have not tried this feature yet so it is great to see someone getting to grips with it and posting the results.

Nice work - I like them.

• Like Like x 1
  5. les-star

Aug 2, 2013
    Thanks ray! Although the last one is shot using off camera flash not double exposure.

6. les-star

Aug 2, 2013
    Thanks! Really enjoy playing around with the double exposure feature. It's a little challenging especially when you don't have time to snap one and look for another scene to mesh well. Especially because you kind of have to take both in sequence or else you'll be killing your battery.

7. les-star

Aug 2, 2013
    Thanks! Really enjoy playing around with the double exposure feature. It's a little challenging especially when you don't have time to snap one and look for another scene to mesh well. Especially because you kind of have to take both in sequence or else you'll be killing your battery.

8. les-star

Aug 2, 2013
    Here's another one I took a while ago of my nephew with my x-e1. It's my favourite double exposure I've taken so far.

ImageUploadedByFujiXspot1393794874.661571.

9. ean10775

ean10775 FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    Eric
    I agree with Ray - while they are all great shots that last one is stellar!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk