DPReview Comparison Widget

Discussion in 'Coffee with Rico Pfirstinger, Fuji X-Pert' started by Bob Brandoff, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Bob Brandoff

Bob Brandoff FujiXspot Regular

Jan 5, 2014
    You can now compare 4 different cameras... the XT1 does great against the Sony A7 and Oly OMD's.

I was happy to see how close the XE2 and XPro1 were in ISO 3200 tests- especially chroma noise.

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/fujifilm-x-t1/8

BTW- the focus point came be moved around to see contrasting or detailed portions of the image.

Also- you can "turn down the lights" as well.

• Like Like x 1
  2. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    Yep, the widget has been available for several months. You can download the RAWs and even use the ColorChecker chart in the scene to automatically calibrate Lightroom or Photo Ninja.

3. Davoe

Davoe FujiXspot Regular

Feb 14, 2014
    NorCal
    Rico, does this calibrate the monitor or the software? I wasn't aware you could calibrate editing software. Does it work with Aperture?

4. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    I don't think Aperture supports such things. It calibrates the camera and the conversion software. For best results, one should use it in different light conditions and with different ISOs. It's like a gray card. Professionals calibrate each scene they shoot with a gray card for WB and a ColorChecker for color accuracy.